Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly Season Has Started!

Tuffers

This is what has come through today.

From website: 2x 4 weekly window cleans, 2x gutter clears, 1x conny roof along with F/S/G

Canvassing 2 new estates that are only partially built: 5x 4 weekly cleans, 1x will call when the dust settles and 3x I will do them myself, left leaflets at approx 15 others who weren't home.

What will tomorrow bring? :rolleyes:

The season has definitely kicked off here as well and it doesn't help when frank leaves on of his squeegees at a customers house /emoticons/sad.png But I did buy a business card holder which sticks on to the back of the van which is a bargain (£5 from Card Caddie) which is a bit of extra promotion and will hopefully siv out the potential customers & the time wasters............oh the time wasters.......... 'can you give me directions for.....' ........'that must keep you fit'......the joker 'Missed a spot....ha ha ha! (laughing to himself/herself) .......and the best one ......'are you a window cleaner?'

I had 2 txts and a call after 10 o'clock last night, all wanting cleans this week. Not a hope in he'll I'm flat out. I'm sure some people just think we sit around whating for them to call, then get the hump when you can't fit them in. And it only took me a year to get to this stage. My old work mates told me I was a fool for leaving a steady income of next to nothing, where everyone was miserable.....

11.20 at night laying in the bath and i get a messenger alert from someone asking for a quote

I know those houses very well so didn't need to see the job so got new custy

Give me a break guys..a mans gotta relax sometimes

Saying that I'm taking the boy and ball n chain to southend tomorrow for a chance to do something with them during school hols

Quite on the website front, just the normal trickle, however I did have 4 errrrr 'barterers' as we call them walk up, each house minging.

'Can you do my windows?'

'Sure but too busy today cant fit you in till next month. let me get your details and I can start you next month'

'Oh, so you cant do it today?'

'Not a chance luv, I am flat out this week'

'Oh well never mind then'

Yep, thought so!:rolleyes: That's how I sort the wasters from the customers.

I have said no to a out 6 new clean in the last few months due to being out of my range. But still had a few new one this month

They keep coming in.

When do you stop taking them. Have sorted the rubbish out & got rid & replaced with good ones but good ones still keep coming in. All round my area to. When to stop & say NO.

Just got one for 5 bed detached..gutters and cladding for house and garage

Dunno if she means fascia or whole sides of house..i will find out tomorrow when i quote them

Another neighbour of the woman who does the local community facebook page and keeps recommending me

She has a 20 quid house and if i took a quid off for every job through her directly or indirectly i would owe her money

Had an enquiry from a city centre shop weekly, a big Jimmy Spices in my town every 2 weeks, a confirmed 3 bed semi and an enquiry for 8 weekly 3 bed semi today. Like @Posh says, where do you stop? The good part about the Jimmy Spice place is one of my residential customers works at the wine shop next door and asked me if I would be interested in cleaning their windows in a month or so. I said yes and then regretted it as parking is a pain, but if I get Jimmy Spices I'll do them early doors before my normal work.

yeh and so when can I have a few days off.....sore subject....I did a runner today...

I sneaked into a little courtyard type place and parked outside the requested ones house and tried to sneak off to clean the windows and gretchna spotted me from two hundred yards...can you do mine if you have time?...oh yes...if I have time...

she had come out to put all the neighbours bins away but why just at the time I was getting my ladders off..

any way....nature intervened for me...well it almost rained ..and so that is my excuse I will go back in the morning when shes at work..:DI have given up on my few days off for easter and just left my ladders on now....

maybe I will get some days off for whit....:rolleyes:

i dont do cleaning on the spot

if i get a new job i say il be out on to clean your windows if they say can it not be sooner i just say im busy

also had a guy who i quoted a 7 quid job to.. 4 windows eaasy enough its ground floor i do one above

so guy said aw sure 5 quid will do

i say its 7

he said sure i can do them myself

i say then done them yourself and walk on

he says il give u 7 today then next time il see u

i say aw its ok mate u can do them yourself u said and i :) and walked on lol

That is exactly my way of thinking peter

I won't take someone on if i think they will be a messer..full stop

Back