Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just walked off a job..!@#@

koopmaster

First time I have ever done that.

this was a once a year customer but I did it cheap last year.

So i cleaned the front last week and charged first clean price £10.

Went today to do the back AND conservatory and its roof and said £20 which I know is cheap.

Ohh you didn't charge that much last time. So i said it was cheap a year ago.

Can you do it cheaper. So stupid me knocked a fiver off. But you get what you pay for. Anyway. Cleaned it and she start to moan...

You missed this spiderweb. Me - yes can you see the electricity light under it... I don't want to electricute myself. Ohhh but the roof is still dirty.

Where..

On the sides -

the side panels

I wiped them but that's all.

Ohh I wanted it really clean like last time.

So i go get the ladder and rip my shoe... now I'm ****** off and my gut is SCREAMING to leave. So for the first time ever I just said to myself F IT and packed up and left.

Feel better now. Hope it doesn't ruin my day.

Went today to do the back AND conservatory and its roof and said £20 which I know is cheap.

Can you do it cheaper. So stupid me knocked a fiver off. But you get what you pay for. Anyway. Cleaned it and she start to moan...

You missed this spiderweb. Me - yes can you see the electricity light under it... I don't want to electricute myself. Ohhh but the roof is still dirty.

Where..

On the sides -

the side panels

So i go get the ladder and rip my shoe... now I'm ****** off and my gut is SCREAMING to leave. So for the first time ever I just said to myself F IT and packed up and left.

A Barterer by any chance?

don't worry about it dude i cleaned the front of a house today walked around the back to clean and theirs dog **** everywhere I put my bill through the letter box scratched it of my list and moved on.

A Barterer by any chance?
where did this term barterer start was it on this forum? we seem to go to great pains not to use "the grass roots terms" in case we offend. but truth is they are Not offended . the reason they want us to use carefully worded terms is jus so they have a leg up ,we are bowing to them ,but why should we? we are the ruling race here, if nowhere else

better to be honest. only yesterday when out on the high street i spoke to my workers " you 2 go and do the accountants first, then the chinks house next door and by that time i will be with you"

this was clearly understood

It's just a friendly term we use as after all it is an open forum for all to see.

where did this term barterer start was it on this forum? we seem to go to great pains not to use "the grass roots terms" in case we offend. but truth is they are Not offended . the reason they want us to use carefully worded terms is jus so they have a leg up ,we are bowing to them ,but why should we? we are the ruling race here, if nowhere else
better to be honest. only yesterday when out on the high street i spoke to my workers " you 2 go and do the accountants first, then the chinks house next door and by that time i will be with you"

this was clearly understood

It's just a friendly term we use as after all it is an open forum for all to see.
how come theres never a barterer on here posting , ude think by the law of odds at least one injun windie would be on here by now

i know they use the internet and prolifically too . a lady i know has been chatted up by an ageing airline pilot in abu dhabi but he wont meet ,hes online a lot, in between flights

That what can hapen when you do a cheap job thinking you are doing ppl a favour.

Under pricing work also gets to the cleaner too so may not try to do his/her best.

After saying that not matter how much you agree on a price you should always try to do the best job you can.

That is why I charge a good whack now for any job I take on or they can simply find someone else to do it as I'm not bothered either way.

Where..

On the sides -

the side panels

Where..

On the sides -

the side panels

Good for you. I've yet to do it, but there have been a few occasions where I've come close. That gut feeling you describe is very true. the one time I should have walked off I didnt- months down the line I have dumped them as they never get better.

Used to do one (I do all the neighbours about 10 all next to each other or opposite) he insisted on being called every time I came round which I hate anyway. One time I forgot. So I knocked him early to say sorry and could he sort out the side access. If not I don't mind just doing the front if he's happy with that. He agreed but said can you come back in an hour...why I don't know but thought why not as I have to do the neighbours. Got there an hour later got my guy to trad the bottoms and I was wfp tops half way through he came out and said no can u leave it I'm going out soon I said so and we are nearly done...he said do it next time. I told him swiftly there won't be a next time and find another window cleaner. Left all the bottom windows soapy and buggered off only to watch him come out and have a crack at cleaning it all off Only time I've walked off a job and good riddance!!!

Always be wary of working on gravel..cat shite nightmare
Yup....experienced that one as well & grass.....and for some reason it seems like obvious thing to do is to wipe my shoes in either the gravel or grass to try and get it off which only polishes it in more......what's that all about?

Honestly......I am actually getting to the stage where I really really don't want to do the job if they have cats. My include it in my phone questions 'how many bedrooms?'......'uh-huh'.....'conservatory?'.....'hmmmm' .....'And lastly : any stinking animals that shite everywhere in particular of a feline nature?..........hello......anyone there......'

I did one not long ago, first floor flat, 3 windows and a patio. did it twice on the third time she said, i can do the patio door myself can u just do the 3 windows from now on, and lets call it a fiver?, erm ok i said, went outside. though im not dragging hose out, so i got trad gear hoped over small fence soaped up the windows, realised i couldnt reach top of glass, went to van realised i had left step at home, took a look at van roof big ladder all tied down very securely...**** that, slung lot back in van jumped in swearing and reversed out of street at 20mph lol, screeched off, old *******

Anyone can be a barterer @boarcity not injun's as you put it /emoticons/biggrin.png
Not to be pedantic here, but technically the word 'barterer' in this context is wrong. What we should be calling them is 'hagglers'. Bartering is the exchange of goods or services, eg. cleaning someone's windows in exchange for a haircut. Whereas haggling is the knocking down of a price.

I feel better for getting that off my chest now, bugged me since day. 1:D

I like the ones that we all must get saying Can you give me a quote for the top windows.,,, Yes that's right I just want the top windows doing as I can do the downstairs ones myself....Bless em /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back