Jake

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

Jake

Lmao :rofl:

Never had a bird hit me anywhere let alone when on a conny roof!

There's danger in everything

Jake

By the way I lean against the wall of the house, it's not like I'm suspended in thin air

Jimroot

Expect the unexpected ;-)

Levitation would Be good safety feature, that's for sure

Dave B

I have no doubt Jake knows what he is doing the same as i could run about untethered on a roof all day

The reason i don't is the fact that the 1 second your mind wanders or something unexpected happens is the time you learn your lesson the hard way or don't learn as you are now in a morgue

Complacency is the biggest killer imo

Tuffers

You on here again @daveyboy1 :D. Is there nothing better to do in Paris? :rofl:

Dave B

I'm home now tuffers

Only long weekend

Back in sunny stevenage now

Dave B

Did my tuffering

Eat my nice romantic meals

Saw the nice sights

And then saw a tramps cock while he stood in front of us in the champs elysee and had a wazz

Wife was not too impressed and my son shouted "your dripping on your shoes mate":rofl:

Tuffers
I'm home now tuffers

Only long weekend

Back in sunny stevenage now

Silly me. I should have read your birthday surprise thread first and would have known you were back.

Much Tuffering?

Jimroot

I thought I was pretty good at walking down stairs at 7am holding my son, till I broke my foot bone doing it

Guest boarcity

weight comes into play too on roof work. im not small myself tip scales at 13stone but im in fortunate position that one of my workers is about 9 or ten stones by the looks , this jackrabbit is usually sent up and has no problem whatsoever

cheapncheerful

yep me done plenty conny walking in my time but ...

I do remember testing one with my foot and thinking....fook that...

you listen to the sound and feel the give...

would I DO it now...

NO I was lucky and am now older and wiser...

and did listen to the lads on here as with age comes wisdom....obviously the older the more wisdom:thumbsup:not mentioning any names blue...

that one slip...would soon change a persons viewpoint..but alas...its too late then..

and also...custys dont care who or how its done just as long as its done...

doubt you would get any flowers in hospital of any of em...:D

nick666
I've moved on a lot since I posted this thread, the last conny roof I did was £150 in 4 hours, but I charged fairly, customer said the price was fair...

Getting a good price means you'll do a better job

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

bloody good job that

Smurf

I try to keep pushing boundaries price wise as to be honest I hate doing them so want to make it worth my while for the hassle.

150 for that size that @Jake posted was dirt cheap in my book as if was filthy I would have quoted at least double if not more.

Guest MrBump

300 to clean a conservatory, I'd take that all day long, I thought 150 was a good price! :D

Dave B

But smurf is tighter than a nun's chuff mate so always smurfs his prices up:D

Jake
I try to keep pushing boundaries price wise as to be honest I hate doing them so want to make it worth my while for the hassle.

150 for that size that @Jake posted was dirt cheap in my book as if was filthy I would have quoted at least double if not more.

It was dirty, but only took 4 hours smurf, no way would I have got it for £300, they would of laughed in my face.

£150 for 4 hours work is lovely jubbly, and it's one nice lump of dough rather than dribs and drabs from window cleaning,

If I could do one of them a week, I'd be more than happy. £600 a month from conny roofs would be great.

It probably would take you about 3 days though smurf, as your into all that health and saftey, but you know me by now, 'get on with it you wimp' as my dad always said. It pays to be brave. None of that ankalad rubbish.

Just be safe and know your limits is my motto, and as I've said over and over and OVER I don't stand on plastic roofs or any conny that doesn't have a steel support structure.

There's risk in everything.

Anyway that's how me and the guys who trained me do them, we get up and get on with it. Never had an issue, but can't be bothered to go over all over again, we all work differently. :cool:

nick666

When I grow up I want to be Thomas Sanderson :-)-well perhaps not him exactly but charge like him-perhaps I'll do a light brigade special

Smurf

You may joke but you can easily get 150 for roofs a third of the size of that one.

Jake

You say that smurf, but you can only earn what the customer is willing to pay, it took a month for this bloke to come round to the idea of spending £150 on this job,

You'll only earn what the customer wants to pay

Smurf

It took less than 5 mins to get this one for 150

Approx 5m x 3m roof in the middle

5915ca4ad7784_awkwardjob1.jpg.23c6685fc0e4d82ab5715ffbfaf38131.jpg

Jake
It took less than 5 mins to get this one for 150

Approx 5m x 3m roof in the middle

[ATTACH=full]7077[/ATTACH]

Yes well done smurf, the point remains, people will only pay what they see is worth it, some will have no problem with a higher price, some won't, 'something is only worth what someone will pay for it'

On another day you wouldn't have got that job, it's all dependant on the customer

Dave B

Having the right gear for the job looks more professional and believe it or not customers will part with more money for what they see as a quality job done professionally

Tuffers
I've moved on a lot since I posted this thread, the last conny roof I did was £150 in 4 hours, but I charged fairly, customer said the price was fair...

Getting a good price means you'll do a better job

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

You know you've left some moss on that roof Jake :P