Jake

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

cheapncheerful

yeh tuffers its always easy getting up but...if you drip water on...its bloody scary getting back.:rofl:

there you are a winners medal the best I can do.....

I still go up the valley on my mates but coming down....scary

Jake
This thread is my nights entertainment :rofl:

I got up on one last Friday. I hadn't intended to before taking the job on and I did think back to this thread before I got up there. I said to myself 'Tuffers, are you a man or a mouse' I'm a man I said, so up I went. Nothing too difficult as I walked on the struts on the angle of a 'P' shaped conny.

Where do I get me medal? :cool:

Legend!!!!

It is rather entertaining, considering all I said was I sometimes walk on conny roofs...! Didn't realise it was some kind of volcanic eruption of a thing to do...

Ah well, I'm real man at least ;):D:rofl:

The lads I work with (well there all older) all do the same and to us it's just second nature, come on here and kits mentioned it and it causes world war bloody 3!!!

Luke Barnard

20150205_095920.jpg.7d11cffebfc76d5e4695d9a91a91c3ac.jpg

Had this to deal with a while back...I took the picture on a ladder ontop of a single story extension with the conservatory sandwiched between that and the wall you can see in the picture.

I needed to get above the conny to wrench this c##t out of the gutter so I used my double ladder as a gang plank between the extension and wall the other side....

I know the ladder is'nt meant for that but would you say that was safe?

I'm about 15 stone and obviously the ladder didn't fold in the middle, but could it have done?

Jake
[ATTACH=full]7081[/ATTACH]

Had this to deal with a while back...I took the picture on a ladder ontop of a single story extension with the conservatory sandwiched between that and the wall you can see in the picture.

I needed to get above the conny to wrench this c##t out of the gutter so I used my double ladder as a gang plank between the extension and wall the other side....

I know the ladder is'nt meant for that but would you say that was safe?

I'm about 15 stone and obviously the ladder didn't fold in the middle, but could it have done?

Well you didn't die so I'm

Guessing it was all good!

The truth is, nobody can tell anyone what's safe and what's not unless they actually test it themselves, only the person up there can be sure...

Guest MrBump

Walking on that conservatory roof, and while wet, looks about as safe to me as putting all of your money in a greek bank! But it's still a walk in the park compared to what they do in hong kong... they use bamboo scaffolding, 25 plus storeys up, not even fixed down to the ground, just resting loose on a busy pavement, no-one wears a safety harness and they use hammocks to sleep in! :eek: Maybe that conservatory roof isn't looking so bad after all... :D

Dave B

Fact is nothing is 100% safe unless you are standing on solid ground which isn't feasible for those sort of jobs

No matter how safe you think it is

When i used to climb even correctly used harness and fall arrest equipment isn't 100% reliable

It is up to the individual to decide how much risk he/she is willing to take but i like to increase my chances of going home in the evenings

The one thing that pisses me off is all the bravado

Just because someone is willing to take more risk don't make them more of a man

Just more likely to need an ambulance at some point

Jake
Fact is nothing is 100% safe unless you are standing on solid ground which isn't feasible for those sort of jobs

No matter how safe you think it is

When i used to climb even correctly used harness and fall arrest equipment isn't 100% reliable

It is up to the individual to decide how much risk he/she is willing to take but i like to increase my chances of going home in the evenings

The one thing that pisses me off is all the bravado

Just because someone is willing to take more risk don't make them more of a man

Just more likely to need an ambulance at some point

Dave it's a joke mate, don't get offended,

Point is, why can't people just accept that I work how I work? There's one or two (smurfy)! That just can't let other people do things differently! Why not just say 'we all work differently'

And leave it at that, there are many many different ways of working, and I choose to walk on some conny roofs that I know are solid and safe, is that really a big deal? No it's not...

As said work friends been doing it for 19 years and never had an issue, they still don't use wfp so to them it's the only way and it absolutely fine, it's up to them and it's up to me how I work, heck even cheap has admitted to a bit of conny roof climbing! It must be safe!