Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jake

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

Jake
Having the right gear for the job looks more professional and believe it or not customers will part with more money for what they see as a quality job done professionally

I certainly do have (not being arrogant) a very neat and professional setup, but people will only pay what they want, sometimes you get a straight 'yeah that's great' and skmetimes you get a 'ok well we'll let you know, thanks for coming round'

Totally depends on the custy..

I've got a £70 one to do this Friday, but the customer took a day to think about it, then agreed, I didn't think I'd get the Job, but they decided too go ahead in the end, if I'd be any higher priced I think they'd have laughed it off. As its stands it's and easy job and a good £70

Jake
You know you've left some moss on that roof Jake :P

Yeah hadn't finished it yet tuffers, hence taking the pic while still on the roof...:P:p

Tuffers
Yeah hadn't finished it yet tuffers, hence taking the pic while still on the roof...:P:p

3B4F0347-4B2E-4CD8-90AB-996E4FA1C5FB_zpsetefxv5o.gif

Diwrnach

Screw standing on a connie roof, that what the long reach pole is for (both WFP and pressure washer if the need ever arises).

Foolish in my eyes.

Jake
Screw standing on a connie roof, that what the long reach pole is for (both WFP and pressure washer if the need ever arises).

Foolish in my eyes.

Each to there own, I love it, fast and easy. We can all work how we want old @Diwrnach :P

Jake

Wouldn't matter anyway @Tuffers as they were well chuffed and paid :cool:

They did say actually 'we had some nonces come round to quote, but they were all into health and safety, we wanted a man to come and do a mans job, none of this wimpy ankalad rubbish' :rofl:

Jake

Just look at the beauty of it!!!image.jpg.00861406e0980587ae74a38cf10b8f25.jpg

No way I'd have got it that clean without being above it and pushing the water down, I tried wfp from the bottom and it just didn't work @Diwrnach all you end up doing is using loads of water trying to get it to rinse off, all the while your pushing more dirt up into the seals at the top, it's just totally impractical. The result was perfect because I was able to stand on it, and for the millionth time it was a steel constructed roof, perfectly safe.

Diwrnach

I have done the same on connies, quite a few of them, with no standing on them, like you say each to their own, but never been cleaning one thinking it would be much easier if I got on top of it.

Don't see the need.

Diwrnach

At the end of the day I am not willing to risk a lifetime of a wheelchair for a measly £100.

Jake
At the end of the day I am not willing to risk a lifetime of a wheelchair for a measly £100.

Oh don't be daft, even my mum would laugh at that comment!

I must have been brought up differently, 'just get on with ya wimp' is what my dad used to say, as long as you know it's safe, and your competent then it's fine, for me that job would have been absolute nightmare if I wasn't able to get above it.

And it's was £150 not £100 :P

Jake

:P:D

This is so say safe to walk on too

[ATTACH=full]7079[/ATTACH]

That's how the guys that taught me still do it smurf, 19 years and still never had an accident, real men. :cool::P:D

cheapncheerful

now I hope you will all go and visit jake when he ends up in hospital and dont forget the grapes...:D

its okay jake cnc did plenty conny walking in his youth...but ...with age comes wisdom..

I still have one every now and then I will show the pics when it next turns up and yes it is easier to work from above...

Diwrnach

What's all this real men business? I'll be honest its starting to grate a bit now....... I don't want to get into a pissing contest but you have no idea who I am and what I have done in my life.

It has nothing to do with being a real man, it has to do with risk vs profit, and the risk here to me far out weighs the profit.

Jake
now I hope you will all go and visit jake when he ends up in hospital and dont forget the grapes...:D

its okay jake cnc did plenty conny walking in his youth...but ...with age comes wisdom..

I still have one every now and then I will show the pics when it next turns up and yes it is easier to work from above...

I don't walk on them all, we're talking 2 or 3 out of every 10 done, it comes down to the strength of the conny,

But yeah glad you agree that working from above is easier! ;)

Jake
What's all this real men business? I'll be honest its starting to grate a bit now....... I don't want to get into a pissing contest but you have no idea who I am and what I have done in my life.

It has nothing to do with being a real man, it has to do with risk vs profit, and the risk here to me far out weighs the profit.

Your too easy to wind up.

Jake

Like I've said, each to there own, end of? Right moving on...

cheapncheerful

20141204_144828.jpg.3b8f57377fb775e1971a35d734c4cacd.jpg

now dont tell anyone but...I walk that one..

much easier now with wfp

its much easier to give it some wellie from above and as its near level you do need to keep the flow going...

i think that qualifies me for a real man medal..:rofl:even if I am well in touch with my femine side..

Jake
[ATTACH=full]7080[/ATTACH]

now dont tell anyone but...I walk that one..

much easier now with wfp

Nothing wrong won that cheap :thumbsup:

I too wfp mine, just sometimes you need to be above it and on it to get it clean

cheapncheerful

its only a cheapo special off ebay...about £90 sort of use til the battery dies and throw away...

its a back pack sprayer originally kobald...

really want a big boy next as 20 litres is not a lot...

used to blade that conny roof on my knees and shuffle backwards...thank god for wfp

Jake

Yeah time for an upgrade cheap? A mans one? :rofl:

How long does 20l last? One house?

I've never used one...

cheapncheerful

its a struggle to do one house but the barrels are never far away..

I do have a mainly bits and pieces round these days so it doesnt bother me..

as I am hybrid and trad a lot and some windows are bloody awful to wfp...:D

but thankfully ...most are made for it..

Tuffers

This thread is my nights entertainment :rofl:

I got up on one last Friday. I hadn't intended to before taking the job on and I did think back to this thread before I got up there. I said to myself 'Tuffers, are you a man or a mouse' I'm a man I said, so up I went. Nothing too difficult as I walked on the struts on the angle of a 'P' shaped conny.

Where do I get me medal? :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.