Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easy build handy portable backpack for around £30

The inlet to the pump is half way up the barrel and where do you put the battery?

I guess there's a tube from the inlet to the bottom of the barrel?

The inlet to the pump is half way up the barrel and where do you put the battery?
I guess there's a tube from the inlet to the bottom of the barrel?
Tuffers the inlet tube is weight to the bottom of the barrel, the battery is on the other side to balance the weight

The pic that you have posted is a maufactured one so I'm sure it dont leak.

Have you tried to build one yourself and if so how did you get on?

The pic that you have posted is a maufactured one so I'm sure it dont leak.Have you tried to build one yourself and if so how did you get on?
Yes smurf that is a manufactured pic! just to show how easy and cheap it is to make! i have a small 10 ltr one for applying chemicals/weed killer/ fence spraying etc: no leaks works very well

I think it looks like a great idea. I have a Gardiner's backpack which I use for chemicals, but would prefer this. Think I might dismantle the backpack for parts!

That seems an odd thing to do unless the tank is split or something as that diy jobby you still need a battery so would be less hassle with a backpack you have surely?

I think it looks like a great idea. I have a Gardiner's backpack which I use for chemicals, but would prefer this. Think I might dismantle the backpack for parts!

That seems an odd thing to do unless the tank is split or something as that diy jobby you still need a battery so would be less hassle with a backpack you have surely?
I just find it a bit bulky. Its 19 litres and the screw hose outlet has been known to leak. I prefer the push-fit option

That reminds me I have a few containers in the garden that need throwing out I got with my pf trolley yonks ago as the plastic goes brittle after a time too. Frank went to move them with pure still in them and the handles snapped off then shattered on the floor /emoticons/biggrin.png

Would only last 2 and a bit hours production. Pump says from London but in fact many many miles away , Hong Kong.

Doug i have a few of those pumps as spares and only use them now and again when applying chemicals etc: few guys are using them for backpacks as well with no problems!

Here is a pic just to show you what Frank did.... Frank strikes again /emoticons/biggrin.png
View attachment 6384

So I don't think it's a very good idea having a pump bolted to a container do you? :laugh:
Smurf that`s what happens when you leave them outside in all weathers happened to me :laugh:

I wonder if it's going to happen to me 1000 litre ibc's as they are left in the garden in all weathers too.:rolleyes:

Smurf that`s what happens when you leave them outside in all weathers happened to me :laugh:

Same thing happened to my plastic filter spanner last week. I went to change a filter on the ro/di system and it snapped in half /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back