Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik on Guttering

paul1

Hi

what is the best way to apply ubik or chemical to gutters and fascias if and when needed?

been told by some to just dip brush in water and the chemical but is there away of using an high reach pump sprayer or something to spary the ubik on and leave before washing? not planning on using ladders if possible?

would the gardiner backback be able to be used in someway or please recommend best ways?

cheers

For higher stuff you can make a cheap wfp sprayer out of an old wfp, pump up sprayer or electric backpack sprayer.

[media]

[/media]

I'm sure it would work the same way with a wfp with a fan jetted brush you use for the job just by swapping over the the pole hose to a backpack or or by using a two way stop connector when you want to apply chems. That way you only need to use one wfp and can scrub it at the same time or most of the chem you apply will run off onto the floor/windows etc.

No supplier as of yet has come up with an addon simple pole systems to apply chems that way using a backpack sprayer and pure from one pole. It would be no good having a seprate spray nozzle attached to the brush externaly as would just get in the way when wanting to scrub awkward areas down.

Maybe the likes of @Alex Gardiner might be interested to supply such a thing in the future. Who knows :rolleyes:

What I have and use is a 5.4 metre telescopic pre sprayer which when collapsed takes up no room in the van, just make my solution up in a 8L pre sprayer and spray all the area, leave for a few mins to do it's magic then rinse and scrub using WFP. 5.4 metres I find is plenty for most standard houses.

I got it from moss killers. If you look on there under the tab sprays and equip its on the 1st page at the bottom.

Just been back on there myself and bought some of there uPVC cleaner to compare against what I have already. They do some decent stuff on there and some good info on there regarding soft wash roof cleaning, something I was considering doing as a add on briefly but decided to leave roofs alone and stay grounded!

I might get one of those too as like you say looks a handy bit of kit indeed.

I tend to try different chems like yourself and I'm using tfr at the mo with a small amout of hypo in the mix. That would probabaly kill any type of sprayer though quite quickly I would have thought.

Like the looks of that pole. I made an extendable lance using an old pole and angle adapter. I connected it all to the pump up sprayer along with an in-line tap. I like the way the hose on Trevs coils round the pole. Mine gets in a bit of a mess most of the time.

I made my own yonks ago from an old telescopic wip flag pole and a pump up sprayer. Did not last me very long though as was very weak fiberglass at the thin end but still was a very lightweight pole to use.

View attachment 4184

The wfp brush on the left was a little diy project too I made for a laugh but earnt me good money at the time. The clamps on a harris pole are quite franky **** and done my head in.

How does the hose on the lance fit to the pressure pump @Trev81? If it's like a snap connector that doesn't leak from the hose after use I think I will buy one!
I'm no expert on fittings really but the connection between the pole and the pressure bottle is just a standard screw up connection the same as on a smaller lance I think most of these pre sprayers have similar fittings? My pre sprayer was bought from the same place I had the pole from and just fits straight on, no leaks so far! The pole is pretty ok for the money and does come in dead handy but it's no carbon WFP lol! Made from the same material as little fishing poles are by the looks, but is light enough to use without any issues and keeps the ladders on the van ::):

I made my own yonks ago from an old telescopic wip flag pole and a pump up sprayer. Did not last me very long though as was very weak fiberglass at the thin end but still was a very lightweight pole to use.
View attachment 6387

The wfp brush on the left was a little diy project too I made for a laugh but earnt me good money at the time. The clamps on a harris pole are quite franky **** and done my head in.
That looks pretty smart smurf for a homemade job!

I use one of these: http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/big-boy-backpack-phoenix-mkii-deals.html

I apply a water/ubik solution then rinse off with ordinary tap water, then get up there and wipe it all down with a microfibre cloth.

Hi
what is the best way to apply ubik or chemical to gutters and fascias if and when needed?

been told by some to just dip brush in water and the chemical but is there away of using an high reach pump sprayer or something to spary the ubik on and leave before washing? not planning on using ladders if possible?

would the gardiner backback be able to be used in someway or please recommend best ways?

cheers

Just been back on there myself and bought some of there uPVC cleaner to compare against what I have already. They do some decent stuff on there and some good info on there regarding soft wash roof cleaning, something I was considering doing as a add on briefly but decided to leave roofs alone and stay grounded!
Trev wot was their upvc cleaner like was it any good thanks bill

Latest Posts

Back