john39

ball cock video

john39

has anyone seen any videos about youtube on how the ballcock gets fitted and in operation?

jimmyboots

You got trouble with your toilet John ?? :confused:

john39
You got trouble with your toilet John ?? :confused:

problem flushin this turd jimmy lol

jimmyboots

oh lol, If you are using a small RO, and you want to put a float valve on, you need an Auto sut off kit, so when the float vale shuts the waste will stop as well. otherwise your RO will keep working and the waste will keep running out.

This is an auto shut off kit

https://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=124&products_id=202&osCsid=21426b546ef9962f6be50d667539fb18

john39
oh lol, If you are using a small RO, and you want to put a float valve on, you need an Auto sut off kit, so when the float vale shuts the waste will stop as well. otherwise your RO will keep working and the waste will keep running out.

This is an auto shut off kit

https://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=124&products_id=202&osCsid=21426b546ef9962f6be50d667539fb18

is it easy to setup jimmy

jimmyboots

I bought my RO from collins water products and bought the shut off valve at the same time, so when they sent it me they had put it on for me. The float vave is just like a ball cock. It is straight forward for my system.

If you get one and cant understand the instructions , I will post pics of mine :thumbsup:

john39
I bought my RO from collins water products and bought the shut off valve at the same time, so when they sent it me they had put it on for me. The float vave is just like a ball cock. It is straight forward for my system.

If you get one and cant understand the instructions , I will post pics of mine :thumbsup:

I must say jimmy your a good lad. as they say your the dogs bollocks lol

john39

is the ro systems they have good jobs jimmy?

jimmyboots
is the ro systems they have good jobs jimmy?

I have found collins water products a good company and have had no problems with their 450 GPD RO. They are really well priced. I have had filters from them too.

I get over 200 litres in 5 hours at around 90% drop in TDS...roughly 250ppm in, 25ppm out.

john39
I have found collins water products a good company and have had no problems with their 450 GPD RO. They are really well priced. I have had filters from them too.

I get over 200 litres in 5 hours at around 90% drop in TDS...roughly 250ppm in, 25ppm out.

jobs a gooden

spruce

ballcock.jpg.60884bc8ed104041f2445d63886cf899.jpg

Inlet from mains/tap. Outlet to prefilters. The r/o will stop producing when the tank is full and the ball **** stops the water.

Fits inside IBC tank on the side. You must allow enough space for the ball to operate. You may need to use a thicker piece of UPVC as a washer as ibc tanks aren't very rigid as they rely on the cage to support them.

spruce
so you have to drill a hole in the tank

2 holes actually. 1 on the side and 1 above it in the lid so you can run the pipe off to your r/o.

jimmyboots
[ATTACH=full]6400[/ATTACH]

Inlet from mains/tap. Outlet to prefilters. The r/o will stop producing when the tank is full and the ball cock stops the water.

Fits inside IBC tank on the side. You must allow enough space for the ball to operate. You may need to use a thicker piece of UPVC as a washer as ibc tanks aren't very rigid as they rely on the cage to support them.

How does that stop the waste water producing @spruce without an auto shutoff valve ?

spruce

Sorry, just got into from finishing an internal window cleaning job.

The ball cock replaces the auto shut off valve. The inlet will be the hose barb on the right. The outlet will be the barb on the top. That goes to the r/o inlet at the prefilters. The r/o waste goes to the drain and the pure from the r/o fills the IBC tank. When the tank reaches full the ball cock switches the water supply to the r/o off. No water going into the r/o means that there will be no waste and no more pure being produced.

It works in exactly the same way as a toilet cistern does. The ball cock switches the water off so the cistern doesn't continue to fill.This ball cock switches the r/o off so the IBC will not fill anymore.