Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pumping from ibc

john39

what pump do you guys use to fill the tank in your van? I have no power supply do yaz just use a battery

Jimmy boots, i have a 90 lpm submersible pump from gardiners to fill my Van tank. If I were to fit the trigger hose nozzle from P Freedom, does it make the pump cut out when its shut off or does the pressure just build up ?

backpack,do you mean backpack pump?
Smurf, how do you connect these bulge pumps up to power, they look handy to have for emergency backup
No the whole backpack I use it now for transferring rainwater through twin di as well

Jimmy boots, i have a 90 lpm submersible pump from gardiners to fill my Van tank. If I were to fit the trigger hose nozzle from P Freedom, does it make the pump cut out when its shut off or does the pressure just build up ?
Mine just keeps running even with the nozzle closed, but it's not much of a problem. I just get the hose out, put the nozzle in the tank lid then turn the pump on when I am ready to fill. Turn off when I have finished,

I have left it running for around 10 minutes once after filling with no ill effects.

mate that hose is as hard as **** it kinks like a *******
I love their hose mate, it feels really strong. I haven't had any kinks in it but I am quite careful when getting it out.

so you just add crocodile clips to the end wires to attach to your leisure batteries.

im thinking of getting one of those inverters so i can add it onto battery and use if anything needs plugging in.

That's one way to do it I suppose if you want to use the bulge pump powered by the van lesuire battery. I've also seen those same bulge pumps used to fast fill backpacks etc from the van tank too.

im thinking of getting one of those inverters so i can add it onto battery and use if anything needs plugging in.

If i were to connect inverter with croc clips to my leisure battery would this be sufficient to plug my pressure washer in and use to clean a conservatory maybe ? Would be handy cause sometimes customer isn't at home and pressure washer is needed but no power socket ?

I use petrol driven washers on hard surfaces but would not use one on a conservatory roof myself.

If wanting to use an eletric washer then best run it from a generator or an oustide power socket if the customer has one if you want to do jobs when they are out. I tend to book deep clean jobs in when the customers are going to be home myself so they can feed & water me as I'm not the quickest kid on the block anymore /emoticons/biggrin.png

After saying that I've often thought an eletric washer might come in handy for fithy conservatory pointy bits as they can be a pain in the **** to clean propely using just a wfp.

If I got an electric washer rather than a diy one that would last me 5mis I would get a something like a smallish portable kranzel which is an industral grade washer

Back