Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic ladder

They are handy to have for the odd diy job if storage is an issue but not really a great idea for lots of ladder work I'm thinking @Posh

I use mine for climbing over roofs or bottom windows that are high. I have a few bungalows that were built high up coz it's a potential flood area. But yes no good for 2 story. And they bend.

Yeah i decided against the telescopic ladders. Get a 5.5m 3 peice ladder. Not yet looking at gutter clearing so hoping this should do all my window jobs. I got a small set of steps to do the higher ground floor windows.

I notice a young trad chap working on his own accross the road from me today using a long ramsey double pointy window cleaners ladder. First top he done with the ladder he placed it on the fascia above the centre of the window. Next one along he placed the ladder half way up the center frame of the window. Must admit watching him work thoses ladders he had looked quite good. Still I did think at the time what if as both ladder sets the point of the ladder was not resting on a solid surface like a brick wall nor was he using any type of ladder stabaliser either for the ladder.

I'm wondering now how many ladder falls happen due to the type of ladder you choose to use.

What do you think is a pointy window cleaners ladder any safer to use than a normal ladder? :rolleyes:

That's got to be one of the main issues when using pointy ladders surely as the ladder only uses 3 points of contact?

I would also imagine long pointy ladders would not be that suitable for roofline work either (gutter clearing etc). Reason being due to its shape you can't add a standoff to it and/or most types of ladder stability devices to the bottom of the ladder either if you wanted.

I have heard they're good but i don't like the idea they could twist

I promise you that pointys are far safer for window cleaning then a standard ladder. For gutters we already know what the better option is. But trust me on the pointy ladder, it is safer in every way. 3 points is more stable then 4.

Next time I'm in Cambridge I'll give yours a try tolish lol
You're welcome to mate. I'd never go back to a normal one now. I sold my class 1 the other day as I just have no need for it. The pointers are so much safer then a normal ladder for windows, not to mention easier to carry about. I understand people's concerns about 3 points being unstable as I used to worry the same, but in reality it is actually more stable, in the same way a 3 legged table is more stable then a 4 leg. The base is also wider too.

My 3 legged cat is quite stable

Until she tries to run on the wooden kitchen floor

Watching my dog try to run on our laminate is one of the funniest things Ive ever seen, gets me every time :rofl:
My cat is a drift expert

Runs through the kitchen and trys to turn in to the hallway

Comes round the corner sideways

Back