Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

soffits & Fascia's

Keir999

How much would you lot charge roughly for a detached 3 bed, double fronted house. Qupte for all Windows and soffits. I was thinking about £45 to £50. She's a well paying regular customer. I charge £11 for just the windows atm. Cheers

Rafa, is that including her Windows too ? Think I'll go with £50 for the windows and soffits combined cause we all the know that soffits are a pain and cause neck and back aches lol

Are the Sofits bad? I price depending how I'd clean um

I usually do a patch test then quote because some are a massive pain specially if pitted and end up having to use a proper pvc restorer

Learned the hard way so now I charge a lot more than you quoted but the are perfect when I leave

Example last month did 3 bed all fascias soffits and gutters took around half a day I charged 250 all in

I did the above job today. 3 bed detached, all windows and soffits and fascias. I charged £56 in total. Took me about 45 mins. Ty very muchly I'll take that !

45 mins :eek:

It can take me on average 60 mins just to do the one side. If I need to use ladders and do it by hand can take me much longer to do but I don't charge £56 for the house including windows /emoticons/biggrin.png

However if you are happy earning an extra 45 squid then that is all what matters. However you will get some jobs that will be bastuards to do as I've found out wfp don't work that well on old badly stained plastics.

The difference is what looks cleanish from the ground and proper clean I suppose.

I bet if you had your ladder off the van and checked your work after using a wfp & even using chems it would not be that clean up close. :whistle:

Yeah i totally agree Smurf. From ground distance the wfp looks like a perfect job on soffits, but im sure the odd bit wouldn't be perfect if you got up close. But the ground around there isn't flat so i wouldn't fancy laddering them. Aslong as the customer looks up and is happy with the job and charge then that's all that matters. If they were that concerned then they would grab a ladder and be up there doing them themselves. Also i find soffits a pain on the neck and back so im gonna charge more than a window clean.

That sort of work can be darn hard graft for sure compared to just cleaning windows. That is why I charge quite a bit now also some jobs can be very awkward to do without safe ladder access …

Its something I keep getting wrong regarding estimate how long its going to take :-( did one complete clean today F&G, Con and roof, and all windows and doors, totally under estimated how long it would take and under quoted :-( have to go back tonight and finish con, then do the front tomorrow, total loss leader :-( hay ho lesson learnt.

Yep been there, done & got the t-shirt @Greener /emoticons/biggrin.png

Now I allow a full days whack at least to do jobs like that as you never know how long they can take.

Yep been there, done & got the t-shirt @Greener /emoticons/biggrin.png
Now I allow a full days whack at least to do jobs like that as you never know how long they can take.
I know mate @Smurf I just need to get better at estimating how long its going to take and then add a bit on LOL just always a bit nervous at quoting half days+ ££££:eek:

I use to be worried too but now it don't bother me in the slightest as I know I'm worth it and I would rather lose the work than work my soaks off for next to nothing.

I know mate @Smurf I just need to get better at estimating how long its going to take and then add a bit on LOL just always a bit nervous at quoting half days+ ££££:eek:
Experience will be gained from that job Greener. The next one you quote, you will be able to say to yourself, well that run should take this much time and I will price it at x amount. Or you can have a flat rate of x amount for gutter bracket to gutter bracket and just count the brackets and times by amount of things that need to be cleaned. Say they want soffits and fascias cleaned, then times your bracket to bracket by 2 and so on. After a while you will be able to quote a job in seconds. If you have a few bits and bobs to quote on a house, take a note pad and write down each job leaving a space below it to put the price in. Then add it all up. There is nothing worse than quoting a lot of bits and bobs and forgetting to add THAT gable end fascia board etc.

Back