Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heelllo please giving me a price doo cleans my conservatory if you please.

Tuffers

I was in 2 minds whether to turn up tbh. Like a fool I decided to go and quote it. It was the size of 3 connys put together at least and minging. The price will be £*** I say. I added a bit of smelly house tax on top :sick:. Wait for it........"can you do it any cheaper?" Err no. "We have had quotes that are a lot less than yours." Get them to do it then, goodbye.

I'm getting to the stage where if I hear an Asian accent on the other end of the phone I'm going to just hang up.

they Almost slipped up letting you hear the telltale accent, normally theyre good at faking a friendly middle england voice . nontheless you still fell for it .

full marks to you that you didnt get the job though

I'm not racist, have a mixed race niece and nephew, love them to bits.

However....

Every single Indian customer on my round is extremely fussy and very very tight with money, even when I know for a fact that they are well off. It must be there culture, they expect jobs done for cheap,

One of my customers (who was Indian) cancelled because I wasn't there long enough to earn the £10 I was charging. I said 'but the job is perfect' he said 'yes but it's taken you 10 minutes, I'm not paying £10'

I've noticed it must be a cultural thing, no other culture seems to be as stingy...

It is definitely a culture thing

I have a couple of sikhs on my books who are completely different

It seems to be the muslim culture imo

Don't have these issues, everyone is white, but I am in the Cotswolds, think they turn them back at the border?

i thought indians were mostly hindus

and i luv vindaloo :thumbsup:

dont like the after burn :eek:

I like it when you get an overseas phone call from a call centre. You can hardly understand what they are saying but they all use English christian names. WTF is that all about /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah I don't think it's a religious thing as most Indians are Hindu etc, but there culture clearly doesn't like window cleaners!

I always think 'I'm sorry but you have chosen to live here in the UK, therefor what we do and how we do it, is something you shouldn't challenge'

Must be something about sikhs then as i have never had a problem and they're always chatty and friendly

I like it when you get an overseas phone call from a call centre. You can hardly understand what they are saying but they all use English christian names. WTF is that all about /emoticons/biggrin.png
Lol, "hello my name is Harry." Yeah right, jog on.

Latest Posts

Back