Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

streamline trolley system with onboard di vessel?

paddy

hi , ive just joined your forum and would like some advice please. its regarding a Streamline trolley system that advertises as being able to fill it with tap water and off you go. is this correct? it would be ideal if this is the case, im just getting into wfp (been a trad cleaner 15yr) I only have a Vauxhall Astra estate car, so ive limited space plus I cant carry pre-pured water, theres five of us in the car .it wouldn't take the weight of canisters of water too, hence the trolley that cleans the water as you go. ive been quoted £1300.00 for the complete system, including a 30ft pole for 3 storeys. would really appreciate any input/ideas/advice from members please.

http://www.allcleangroup.co.uk/acatalog/Streamline-Trolley-System-WFP.html#SID=60

Hi and welcome

The streamline trolley is extortion you could make one for couple hundred quid!

Regards purifying with the onboard vessel yes it would make pure water instantly but to fill the barrel at the recommended rate to get the most out of the resin would be 25 min at 1lpm so you would be spending 25 min after each house filling the drum!also if filling at customer house if there tap water has a high ppm you would burn through resin and cost you a fortune

hi , ive just joined your forum and would like some advice please. its regarding a Streamline trolley system that advertises as being able to fill it with tap water and off you go. is this correct? it would be ideal if this is the case, im just getting into wfp (been a trad cleaner 15yr) I only have a Vauxhall Astra estate car, so ive limited space plus I cant carry pre-pured water, theres five of us in the car .it wouldn't take the weight of canisters of water too, hence the trolley that cleans the water as you go. ive been quoted £1300.00 for the complete system, including a 30ft pole for 3 storeys. would really appreciate any input/ideas/advice from members please.
http://www.allcleangroup.co.uk/acatalog/Streamline-Trolley-System-WFP.html#SID=60
firstly thanks for your input Eviestevie I appreciate it. you've probably guessed im a complete novice on the wfp scene, am I right in thinking the water gets filtered on the way into the trolley system (as your filling it with tap water) and not as its coming out, is this what takes 25 minutes or so?

Hi & welcome @paddy :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have a proper paddy wagon with 5 crew in the same car. I bet the car must stink of wet scrims and all? :rolleyes:

I would not mess about with a trolley myself and go straight for a decent size 2 man van mount and let the other 3 use the car until you can get another wfp van on the road.

firstly thanks for your input Eviestevie I appreciate it. you've probably guessed im a complete novice on the wfp scene, am I right in thinking the water gets filtered on the way into the trolley system (as your filling it with tap water) and not as its coming out, is this what takes 25 minutes or so?
The water passes through the vessel so the resin in the vessel is what does the work and makes the water pure

The vessel has in out which you just fit garden hose on to these

You can pump it through quicker than I stated but usual rule is the slower you filter the longer the resin will last and resin is quite expensive so you want to make it last

See pic I use this backpack trolley for hard to access houses terraces etc and few shops were carnt get van

Total cost of this was £125 and does same job as streamline trolley but you would need a do vessel but there about 50quid on eBay View attachment 4231

It's quite common to use on demand DI trolleys in Australia. This is what I use. It's very similar to ones that are sold here I've just 'streamlined ' it a bit to make it simpler & lighter. It's just trolley , carbon/sediment filter, di canister & detergent Injector. I also have a smaller vehicle & it's a fold up trolley all up weight about 30kg.View attachment 4236 All up about $600AUD. A really versatile little work horse.

So what if you work in a hard water area like me then as that di trolley would be no good for putting high tds of 260 ppm through it surely?

So what if you work in a hard water area like me then as that di trolley would be no good for putting high tds of 260 ppm through it surely?
Alan , when I converted to just DI our tds was 280ppm. Luckily it's now 140ppm. I guess it's something you've got to weigh up with cost. We are fortunate enough here to have access to clients outdoor taps all the time. And despite our dry country people don't fret about water usage. I'm in a coastal suburb with steep blocks & tight access , often where the vehicle is parked is way above or below the home & that causes flow & hose issues down stairs around bushes.

For me it comes down to convenience plug & play . With an onsite RO you need a pump & why bother pre filtering water at home when it's 'on tap' And time is money . What I spend on DI I more than make up in time savings.

Everyone has a way of doing things that suits them & this is ours.

Sounds like you have a proper paddy wagon with 5 crew in the same car. I bet the car must stink of wet scrims and all? :rolleyes:

I would not mess about with a trolley myself and go straight for a decent size 2 man van mount and let the other 3 use the car until you can get another wfp van on the road.

Cheers Smurf for your input, im gonna follow your advice but get myself a 5 seater transit van or Vauxhall Vivaro etc, get rid of the astra car cos im the only driver anyway. which system would you advise, probs 2 man set up? btw id be over the moon if my astra car only smelled of wet scrim , it actually hums to high heaven of us smelly windies lol

The water passes through the vessel so the resin in the vessel is what does the work and makes the water pureThe vessel has in out which you just fit garden hose on to these

You can pump it through quicker than I stated but usual rule is the slower you filter the longer the resin will last and resin is quite expensive so you want to make it last

See pic I use this backpack trolley for hard to access houses terraces etc and few shops were carnt get van

Total cost of this was £125 and does same job as streamline trolley but you would need a do vessel but there about 50quid on eBay View attachment 6441
Cheers Eviestevie, im gonna go for a new van, transit or something with a van mount system, but your trolley system can be filled from a van mounted system, for the difficult windows.

On big yearly jobs etc it does make a lot of sense just using a di on demand trolley setup as you can offset the di costs quite easily in the price you guys charge at several hundred bucks per clean

I would love to be able to use that type of on demand di only setup for exterior deep clean jobs I get to do. However this has always put me off going down that route with the added high cost or resin on such a high tap tds in my area.

May I ask how long did a bag of resin last you when you started doing properties with a tap reading of 280 ppm?

Alan , when I converted to just DI our tds was 280ppm. Luckily it's now 140ppm. I guess it's something you've got to weigh up with cost. We are fortunate enough here to have access to clients outdoor taps all the time. And despite our dry country people don't fret about water usage. I'm in a coastal suburb with steep blocks & tight access , often where the vehicle is parked is way above or below the home & that causes flow & hose issues down stairs around bushes.
For me it comes down to convenience plug & play . With an onsite RO you need a pump & why bother pre filtering water at home when it's 'on tap' And time is money . What I spend on DI I more than make up in time savings.

Everyone has a way of doing things that suits them & this is ours.

around 4-5 weeks I'd say at 280. atm I get about 9 weeks. That's through the year though at Christmas it's 2 weeks. But you may get less because 1/2 our work from a time point of view is trad inside the homes.

Thanks Maurice, I was roughly working it out a bag of resin would last me about a week if that using a di only on demand trolley (approx cost nearly £4.000 per year) at 75 odd pounds a pop. That's not a cheap way for me to produce pure as using a ro I use roughly one or maybe 2 bags of resin a year so the savings is huge in comparison.

I think I will give that idea a miss....:rolleyes:

I can get through up to 600 ltr per exterior cleaning job depending on the size of the property in question and what needs doing. Also rougly that amount too on my regular window cleaning rounds and on some large jobs is just enough to do just one.

If I went down the route of a on demand trolley would have to be a ro/di setup because it would cost me a fortune in resin otherwise.

Smurf using that amount of water on your on own with the prices you quote on here im guessing your defo a millionaire!/emoticons/wink.png

Smurf using that amount of water on your on own with the prices you quote on here im guessing your defo a millionaire!/emoticons/wink.png
At 53 bags of( 25 litre) resin we'd get around $500,000 AUD of work. I'd be very happy to pay $10, 000 AUD in resin for that return.But then halve that return because half of each job is the inside of the house which is trad.

I'm also led to believe we are not stingy with water as the guys in the UK ( as a rule).

For us resin is cost effective but with higher tds is isn't. A few guys here run RO-DI trolley & also in the states too. And that's how I started. But then there's pumps & batteries & waste water.

The DI trolley is just efficient for us.

Most domestic properties in the UK are on a water meter but I'm one of the lucky ones so far not to have one as I've been in the same house for a very long time. However there are rumours that will change soon and every property will be fitted with one.

Some people can get very funny about the amount of water you use from their outside tap too if they are on a water meter.

Back