Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Contract to "look after" 55 warden assisted flats

Luke Barnard

Had a voice mail this afternoon from a fella asking for a quote on a years contract to "look after" a block of 55 warden assisted flats.

This is the first time I've dealt with a contract so I'm looking for any hints/ tips before I call him back in the morning.

Also what else could/should I offer if they want the place "looked after" I'm thinking g-f-s once a year but as a one-off payment and do it first time I do the windows?

Any advice much appreciated....

securing payment is essential, i have to wait 2 months for my show home cleans, im waiting to see if i get paid on 1st may as she has told me, i have all emails regarding payments etc from them.

i hope they are not trying to fob me off.

judge rinder will be getting a call from me if they are still on tv

They may want to see a copy of your insurance and RAMS (Risk assesment and Method statement) for any work you quote on. Most to be honest don't ask but be prepared if they do.

If it's sub contract work then be very cautious and make sure you ask loads of questions including terms of payment and do background checks who you are dealing with as you may wait months for payment.

I'm planning to visit, take photos and make notes and then email the quote with a copy of my insurance and a rams afterwards, I'm terrible for underquoting residential when put on the spot so I'd rather go away and think about it first...especially as I'll be tied to the price for a year..

Ok so I went to visit this today, building manager is on site 9-4 monday/friday so he'd be dealing with payment. The building has 264 windows and fully glazed doors over 3 floors and 18 of those windows to be cleaned internally also. They are looking for four quotes...bi-monthly for a year...bi-monthly for two years...fsg once a year and gutter clearance once a year. Straight forward type windows but looks like the last firm did a pretty slapdash job, dirty sills, runs from the vents and apparently one guy did it all in about 6 hours?

What would you charge? View attachment 4228

View attachment 4227

View attachment 4229

View attachment 4230

Any ideas on the difference between a price for one year and another for two years? Are they expecting me to do it cheaper if they give it to me for longer or should I be charging more to fix the price for a longer period?

Myself I never enter into a fixed term contract as that is not the way I like to work.

Any ideas on the difference between a price for one year and another for two years? Are they expecting me to do it cheaper if they give it to me for longer or should I be charging more to fix the price for a longer period?

No I took 24 pics in order to get all 264 windows!! not sure why but yes one pic is duplicated in the post. There are two deep balconies on the 2nd floor but the owners would let me in to do them, a couple of flat roofs to climb on and some of those Juliet balconies with railings but nothing impossible....

That chap seems a right pain in the **** to me as I've never come accross anyone wanting a price for a two year contract before. To be quite honset the second year should be dearer than the first year what with inflation etc so should cost more not less. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was hoping you'd say that....

That chap seems a right pain in the **** to me as I've never come accross anyone wanting a price for a two year contract before. To be quite honset the second year should be dearer than the first year what with inflation etc so should cost more not less. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was hoping you'd say that....

The second year should be dearer, but the customer will be wanting it cheaper as he has given you more work. How much do you want this work? Go silly high and risk not getting it or a fair price and possibly get it.

I've been asked to quote an apartment complex of 51 domains with a 12 month rolling contract. They want them cleaned once a month and I reckon it will take 2 days, possibly 2 and a half to get round it all. Four companies have been invited to tender for it. I might as well go in high as if I went in low I'd probably win it and regret it. If I get it I get it. If I don't I don't.

Its conveniently local and would help fill my books a bit but your both right about going too cheap and regretting it...I'm thinking to get it to a good standard is 2-3 days then 1 1/2 days to keep it there... so at £250 per day and average it out over a year £437.50 per clean? ? I'm in Kent so prices are fairly high but is that asking too much??

I actually used the much used £1 per window plus a hundred to be sure and came out with £400...so not far off..

good luck and hope you get it me would love some big jobs to get my teeth into..

Had a call this morn to go to a bungalow a custys mother in law so I got a shock when I saw it...oh you dont need ladders she kept saying...but two connys....hmmmmm

but....I said twenty and ten for some insides she wants doing and she wants the conny roof doing occasionally...and....she may want me to do some offices nearby ...and seven flats I am looking at tomorrow so...it just shows you never know whats coming next..

Had to laugh though...as ...in common with her daughter in law she said.....can you put it all on the same invoice....I knew straight up what she meant.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back