Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

conservatory

Keir999

How do you guys clean glass conservatory roofs from the inside. They are a right pain. Do you squeegee them and stand on a small ladder or use a pole with pads etc .. ?

To be honest I avoid them like a plauge now. Also not a good idea to clean the inside glass roofs & frames in hot weather.

I must have tried every method & chems/cleaners going and not found an easy way to do them properly be it by trad, mircro pads, steam cleaners etc and a lot of eldow grease.

The last one I did I used a steam cleaner to try to take years of grime off the glass, frames, window & door frame openers tracks also to kill the algae growth and get rid of all the cobwebs and dead insects and insect poo. It worked ok on the glass but steam alone will not bring back badly stained plastic back to white so chems etc need to be used as well.

I think it took me about 5 hours to deep clean an average 5-6 metre by 3.5 metre p shaped conservatory properly but it was as good as new buy the time I had finished.

If anyone asks now I just give them a silly high price to put them off but it don't work all the time.

Im the same. Someone asked me to clean inside roof of a large lean to and i gave a huge quote. Luckily i never heard from them again lol.

I do quite a lot of insides. Did one today. I have a small tower which makes access easy. I have been playing around with a karcher window vac, haven't decided on it yet! Otherwise just trad em. Water goes everywhere but just mop it up.....

Towels on floor

Porcupine sleeve

Pole

Dash of virosol in bucket with water (very small amount so you don't need to worry about washing it off quick but removes grease and fly poop easily)

Add soap direct to applicator

Scrub roof with pole

0° squeegee off

Be CAREFULL as i have stained walls in the past as light colour pourous paint and dirty dripping water don't mix well

I use a stepladder or plasterers stilts and a garden sprayer with DI water and 2 Unger microfibre clothes: one to wipe, one to polish. Takes a little while but it's not difficult and I charge accordingly.

Yeah, I was like that. I only use them where I can keep a hold of frames; inside a conservatory is not the place to fall over on stilts!!

Back