Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

winter drop off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marksss

as this is my first season as a window cleaner,im just wondering when it comes to winter does the work drop off a great deal ? do you stop etc for any periods during winter ?

No but you will always get by some that will say "oh leave it now until spring".

However below freezing temps then wfp is not great method to attempt to clean window either.

Most have a slush fund to fall back on as in winter months if bad you may not be able to work for several weeks.

I don't 'Stop' during winter, I just slow down a bit and leave slightly longer between cleans. If weather is bad I do shorter days, if weather is awful like heavy snow or rain then I take a bit of well deserved time off

Just did my first winter & I had a dream of putting my feet up watching Jeremy Kyle and not doing much......but it never happened. Windows need cleaning all year round- it's just up to us to find the 'good' custies. Good luck with it all mate. If your a grafter & keep yourself motivated you will be absolutely fine!

Its a good time to diversify. Cleaning insides, carpet cleaning, and any other stuff that gets you inside, is a good way to keep the money coming in when the weather gets bad.

asians are good at this, if i didnt need them id drop them, we work yearly not seaseonally.

imagine making enough to stop working from december to april

Back