Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rinsing Pure water over normal?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes, you just have to use enough pure water to rinse off or dilute the tap water.

We sometimes wash a dirty conservatory with tap water and finish off with pure.

In a soft water area then maybe ok. In a hard water area then maybe not especially if the tap water starts to dry on the glass or you have not rinsed all the tap water off when it's still wet.

Minerals in hard tap water tend to stick to the finnes of the glass so it is important to rinse it down properly with pure water.

In a soft water area then maybe ok. In a hard water area then maybe not especially if the tap water starts to dry on the glass or you have not rinsed all the tap water off when it's still wet.
Minerals in hard tap water tend to stick to the finnes of the glass so it is important to rinse it down properly with pure water.

You're right @Smurf. We live in a softish water area 125ppm so we can do it. The risks are too high for cleaners working in a hard water area. Sorry.

I wouldn't do it on a warm sunny day though, even with our water..

i wont go past 005 now as had probs with 027 b for u couldent c the spotting till u went inside an looked out not good at all if its not pure u can stain the glass with lime scail even if u rinse off with pure strate away on hidrofilic glass i think it would b even more chance of this hapning

Ive cleaned connies with tap then gone over with pure, but you have to clean it with the pure thoroughly, scrub everything agiain like a maintenance clean, dont just splash it

Back