Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did a conservatory roof with pressure washer, it's the way forward!

Jake

As above,

Took half the time it would with a brush,

I made sure there were no leaks, and asked the customer for permission to use the PW, put it in a low pressure 'setting' (basically just turned the pressure down a lot on the valve) and voila, the roof was done in no time - and it looked really really clean!

Obviously it's very important to keep the pressure low, but for those with PW's I'd recommend using them when doing a dirty conny roof!

I also used it for all the facias and gutters on it, so much faster!

I know it's much quicker & easier to do it with a washer as I've done more than one myself.

One landlord peed me off so much trying to haggle on price on one job I decided to blast the **** out of it instead as was doing a full exterior clean. The usual gutter clear & clean etc including pressure washing the paving and patio at the time.

When I went to clean the inside of the consevatory which was also minging the crest bowle inside was full of water but I left it like that and just mopped up where the roof and side panels had leaked as well.

**** it I thought and was a good job too as it was like getting blood out of stone when the wealthy ***** turned back up at the house. She even made some poxy excuse not to pay me the full amount as wanted some cash left over to stop off at a motorway services so I was 20 quid short the robbing cow. Then she drives away in a brand new top of the range merc./emoticons/angry.png(

It's not very often come accross people like that but they are about so be warned.

Ha ha, sounds like you were robbed! £20! Could of paid for a bottle of whisky to drown your sorrows!

I used the 14hp jetmac machine I bought a few weeks ago smurf, 3600psi 15lpm, although it say 21lpm on the trolley sign - but the bloke I bought it off said its defo 15lpm...

Anyway I just turned down the revs to half throttle and it was perfect!

That one I did for the robbing cow was full throttle and used a turbo on it as well ...took me ten mins to do the whole lot when she was not about /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah I used the turbo, I've not yet used any other spray pattern! Just use the turbo for everything!

I'm just dealing with one insurance claim against me at the mo so will give the pressure washer idea a miss me thinks as Im sure frank would love to **** another one up given a chance./emoticons/biggrin.png

I once snow foamed a conservatory with a Karcher foam attachment as below.- it was quite good but I just don't think it looks very professional although if its ok for a car why not a conservatory! I have pressure washed the cresting in the past if its really black but not the roof.

View attachment 4238

Suppose so but I wouldn't risk it!if the seals damage or the panels move just a couple mil then it will leak wouldn't won't the come back

Bet I've done 200 conny roofs over the years all I do is week before the job spray the entire roof with a pressure sprayer with Algon then when I go back the stuff just glides off simple

Yeah I made sure to check the seals and we had no leaks, it wasn't really enough pressure to cause any issues, I made sure of that, but my word did it speed things up, it just cleaned it in minutes,

I'm gonna always use a pw where appropriate now, it saves me about an hour! And it came up some well, just made complete sense,

Plus my policy will be to always ask the customer first and make sure they understand the risks I.e. Leaks!

I sometimes get " you're not going to use a pressure washer are you" or words to that effect so how would you get around that?

I get enough leaks just using a garden hose! I've pressure washed the finials before but that's about as far as I would go

when doing fascia an gutters etcjust watch

as if it hasnt been done right theyr goin have a wet attic cause it gets in

ie only if built bad

Also plastic trim/vent covers etc can come flying off and the joint can start leaking too.

Oops! :itwasntme:honest guv /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's all about 'testing the water'

In this job, it came up a treat with no leaks at all,

If it looks a bit dodgy or customer isn't happy with pressure washer being used, then I'd just do it usual way with wfp brushes,

It's kind of just a 'whatever suits the job in hand'

As long as the customer agrees with the choice of tools, then it shouldn't be a problem, low pressure, and not spraying the water up into the seals helps as well! A bit of finesse is needed I suppose!

Not a heavy handed frank putting 4000psi straight into the rubber seals /emoticons/wink.png

Back