Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use a CREW VAN (5seats) with reach and wash system in the back?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddy

Just found myself a crew van , Vauxhall Vivaro 5 seater, the dealer told me it wouldn't drive properly with a 650 litre reach and wash in the back! He said that weight would need to be in the middle of the van (where the rear seats are) not the back. Any of you chaps got a set up similar?

A local guy had one set up like that, and it was always dragging its ****... I don't think a 650l right at the back would any good for the suspension... I have wondered whether having a custom tank which slid partially under the rear seats would bring the weight forward a bit and mean it was more evenly distributed...

A local guy had one set up like that, and it was always dragging its ****... I don't think a 650l right at the back would any good for the suspension... I have wondered whether having a custom tank which slid partially under the rear seats would bring the weight forward a bit and mean it was more evenly distributed...
I didn't realise you could get a customised tank, tis a good idea thanks High-tower, im gonna ring a few system installers tomorrow, if no joy ill get a trailer system . thanks for your input, much appreciated

The other option to consider as your tds is 72 ppm is instead of having a large tank in the van is to have a smaller tank (say 250 upright instead) in the back. Then you have a choice of running a di on demand trolley that you hook up to an outside tap at jobs or work directly from the tank.

Many use this method in Austrialia & the states so they don't need to carry large tanks of water about.

You could diy a di only 250 van mount for next to nothing and a on demand di trolley too.

If my water reading was that low then that is what I would be doing for sure as most of my jobs I have access to an outside tap so I would have an endless supply of pure water to do full exterior cleans etc.

I had a flat tanks put in a Trafic. About 800L.

Cost me about £650 if i remember rightly. No frame included

Back