Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer had an increase of 1/2 a kilowatt from cleaning solar panels

Jake

As above,

Did another load of panels today, and the before reading was 3.4kw, after clean was 3.9kw,

Result,

Was great to see the increase in power,

As for pricing, well I'm starting to charge more than the £50 which we spoke about in the previous post!

If customers see this kind of power increase then I suppose a price rise is more than justified!

Lol! 0.5 KW. Not a laughable increase at all. But maybe the Sun was obscured slightly by a cloud on the first reading and out fully on the second. Or maybe during the hour or so it took to do the panels, the sun hit the panels at a slightly better angle for the second reading. It's not as straightforward as your statement above implies. Nor is it a reason for a price increase.

How much in money do you think your increase of 0.5KW gave the client? Any idea?

I have a customer who has solar panels on his roof. He is a very clever engineer. He told me that the sun does not have to be shining brightly to get the best out of the panels.

It certainly helps! It's about angle as much as anything. When I had them, I moved them about during the day to increase the output.

I'd put them to face East at night before bed so my batteries were being charged as the sun came up.

The highest I recorded ( display on charge controller) was when the sun was scorching hot and hitting the panels dead on.

Now I have electric bills..........

I wasn't bursting a bubble. I was just explaining what else it may have been.

He wasn't bursting my bubble, it took me 10 mins Steve, and the sun was bright the whole time, no clouds,

The customer was amazed! Do you not realise how much of a difference half a kw makes? It's huge for just a simple little clean! They weren't even that dirty!

They said they haven't seen that sort of output since new and when the sun was at its peak, so they were well chuffed!

It's such a fast easy job, but makes a massive difference.

500 extra watts will power a lot of things, TV, laptop, lights, music, all the phone charges etc etc, it's a decent increase, as that is 500watts per hour being produced

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well that just goes to show cleaning filthy solar panels adds value in real monitory terms back to the customer.

Oh well that just goes to show cleaning filthy solar panels adds value in real monitory terms back to the customer..
Exactly, that's all I was alluding too.

Let's face it, I didn't need a course from Solar Steve to clean them!

Half a kW. Let's call it 400w after inefficiencies, heat loss etc. X 4 hrs average sunshine, that's what manufactures seem to use, is 1.6kwh per day.

40p a unit tarif (kWh) bit generous.

64 pence an average summer day.

Although 1.6kwh will run an efficient fridge freezer for half a day.

As if I care anyway, I'd clean them weather there was a 100% increase or a 1% increase, I'm a window cleaner,not a Green Party mp, it pays the bills, that's all I'm worried about!

Still think it's great that they got such an improvement,

As for me, I don't give two hoots about solar panels!

It is good! Don't get me wrong.

After a couple of months or so, the cleaning you've done will be making them money!

That's good for everyone.

It is good! Don't get me wrong.
After a couple of months or so, the cleaning you've done will be making them money!

That's good for everyone.
Yep, win win!

It was more aimed at solar Steve

@Jake Remember this is a public forum. You don't need to be a member to view this.

Let's run back through your comments:

'I'm going to start charging more than the £50'.

'It took me 10 mins'.

'They weren't even that dirty'.

'It's such a fast easy job'.

Not really the greatest advert for your solar panel cleaning service is it? "It's fast, easy, takes less than 10 mins and they didn't really need cleaning! And I want more money for doing this!" Mmmm. Reading the above would not inspire me as a potential client of yours.

If I were you, I'd try to clean as may panels as possible with your potential earning capacity. If you clean 2 arrays per hour, that £100.00 in 20 mins. You can afford to drive for 40 mins every hour and still make a huge profit.

You should go for it in a big way!

You say the 'extra 500 watts would power....lights'. Unlikely. Why would anyone have their lights on when the sun was shining so brightly?

Did you protect yourself from electric shock during the course of the clean? For your sake, I hope so. If you intend to clean more panels, please ensure you are safe.

@Jake Remember this is a public forum. You don't need to be a member to view this.
Let's run back through your comments:

'I'm going to start charging more than the £50'.

'It took me 10 mins'.

'They weren't even that dirty'.

'It's such a fast easy job'.

Not really the greatest advert for your solar panel cleaning service is it? "It's fast, easy, takes less than 10 mins and they didn't really need cleaning! And I want more money for doing this!" Mmmm. Reading the above would not inspire me as a potential client of yours.

If I were you, I'd try to clean as may panels as possible with your potential earning capacity. If you clean 2 arrays per hour, that £100.00 in 20 mins. You can afford to drive for 40 mins every hour and still make a huge profit.

You should go for it in a big way!

You say the 'extra 500 watts would power....lights'. Unlikely. Why would anyone have their lights on when the sun was shining so brightly?

Did you protect yourself from electric shock during the course of the clean? For your sake, I hope so. If you intend to clean more panels, please ensure you are safe.
You get sadder by the day Steve,

Did I say they had lights on? No. I said 500 watts would power x y and z. It was an example. Learn some English.

As for it being a public forum, your right, however not one customer is going to be trawling through this to find out info. If they did they'd see a lot more than just people saying things about solar panel cleaning. Think of 1000's of posts about window cleaning that alude to similar things. Customers wouldn't have window cleaners if they read all our posts.

And anyway, I've said nothing that isn't true! So it wouldn't matter in the slightest. The price increase is fully justified, and even more so when obvious power gains are seen.

As smurf said in a previous post, it's not about the time, it's about the service. The customer was happy, and that's all that matters.

As for electric shock, You do realise that all domestic and commercial solar panels are fully waterproof, and all the wiring is waterproof as is the conduit and junction boxes. There is no danger Steve, your a plonker. Solar panels are safe to clean, the wiring is no more dangerous than any other electrical appliance.

So stop trying to make money by doing some stupid course which has no value what so ever.

So Steve, you mean protection against electrocution just like this guy on YOUR WEBSITE?

Ha ha ha ha, you don't even know how hypocritical you are!

This guy isn't even wearing gloves!!!

So tell me Steve, what is the necessary protection you so eagerly inform us all of? 'Cos I'm not seein it'

View attachment 4280

im not great at english but u do say we 4 times in short succession <<< /emoticons/tongue.png
His whole website is written badly /emoticons/tongue.png

Latest Posts

Back