Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another RO or DI thread

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Sorry for starting another thread ive asked this before, but im now im armed with new info....

I am moving home this week, and i have just found out i will not be on a meter.

I also had a cheeky test of the water and it is 103ppm compared to the 160ppm i have been using

So a bit of a result, does anyone know how many litres i would expect to get out of 103ppm with a twin d.i setup?

i used that calculator before but cant find it?

is 103ppm low enough to get away with twin d.i

Also because im not on a meter waste will not be as much as an issue so maybe i would be better off going RO?

Forget about those calculators, they don't take into account resin brand or the application of two DI vessels. I don't even view them as a guide. 103 ppm is low enough to use twin DI's, just depends on how much water you will use to determine whether the cost of your resin usage outweighs the implications of using a RO. I use a 500ltr system, using anything between 250 & 500 ltrs a day & use a maximum 5 bags of resin per year with a tap tds of approx 90ppm.

Back