Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stuck on lead & frank

Smurf

My mate frank yesterday decided whilst cleaning windows with that stupid stuck on lead to pull a bit out of shape with his wfp brush. I managed to push it back into shape but obviously was stretched a wee bit so had a bit of a bump in it and was no longer stuck onto the window as it should. Anyhow was on a side of a conservatory that no one will notice but frank did go careful on the rest after that little mishap.

until yesterday for me but to be fare :itwasntme: honest guv /emoticons/biggrin.png

i just stay away from lead as cudnt be bothered with ball ache

i was on bout few days ago bout scratch glasss

got it sorted

a guy came out took glass away and split the window put new front on didnt know u cud do this

bloomin pain that stuck on lead....but :itwasntme: it was always frank..

now me loves the double glazed ones....

WITH THE LEAD INSIDE....cant they all do that..../emoticons/biggrin.png

it doesnt matter wether wfp or trad....as scrim microfibre etc still catch and roll it off...

if anyone says anything to me I simply say...

you can get new rolls of stick on lead on ebay....er...not my problem

Last edited by a moderator:
I just always go really carefull with the lead at the top off the windows where the lead ends and meets the frame, small movements up and down and no side 2 side movements then I find the rest of the glass is easy just to scrub like any other glass. I also charge a little bit more to compensate for the extra care taken /emoticons/wink.png

now me loves the double glazed ones....

WITH THE LEAD INSIDE....cant they all do that..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Definitely with you on those......had some yesterday .......bliss!

and of course....all glass should be hydrophilic by law.../emoticons/biggrin.png

such a mixed day yesterday...one place brilliant really old glass and sheeting great..

next job ...the worst possible beading all over...

some you win some you trad..

Latest Posts

Back