S.W. Window Cleaning

There Must Be An Easier Way

S.W. Window Cleaning

Hi,

I was cleaning gutters on a big house today but am wrecked. I was using Virosol. When you look on you tube it shows people using virosol. Just put it on, leave it 5 minutes and the grime just hoses off. Not for me it doesn`t.

I dont have power washers but what I do is put Virosol on the brush. Rub it over the gutters. Wait 5 minutes and turn pure water on. Then you have to really scrub to remove the grim. Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers,

Steve

Tuffers

No you're not doing it wrong, unless I am too :confused:. I have never been able to just rinse it off and the plastic be clean after.

Eviestevie

As tuffers said I've never just been able to rinse it off but I don't use virosol either I pretreat with a sprayer and algon which I think is better

Although whenever I do fascias soffits gutters etc I always give a good quote so if I need to use solvents

cheapncheerful

yeh one of the reasons I have failed to take up a gutter facia clean that the custy wants me to do is that ...its bloomin hard work

the other reason is...shes a rental and I want my money first...so ..leave the money and I will do it if you dont naff off..and she hasnt got a tap,....

and...too busy at the mo...

and....apparently...your not allowed to be ill if your a window cleaner..

something has been attacking me for three weeks now and its bloody annoying...

go to the docs...sorry not got time and I dont want to catch another load of germs..

or is it just old age....:eek::eek::eek:

nah not cheapies time to quit yet....

windowsurfer

Look after yourself cheapncheerful, its not worth dying for (my text has just went smaller?)

mr shine
As tuffers said I've never just been able to rinse it off but I don't use virosol either I pretreat with a sprayer and algon which I think is better

Although whenever I do fascias soffits gutters etc I always give a good quote so if I need to use solvents

i never tried allgon eviestevie, who stocks it . i pre wet the pvs then spray the chemical and a quick scrub with the wfp and let it dwell for a few mins then rinse off . once i had a very dirty facia and soffit and the only way i could shift the dirt was by adding some hypo to the mix and it stripped all the dirt ,im not recommending this because know how damaging this stuff can be but in extreme jobs it will work

BenjiRixon

+1 on the hypo mix. That stuff is mental for gutters but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really size up the job. I.e checking for washing on the line, plants, type of paint on house.... List goes on an anything that'll be messed up by it. You need to spray it on with a pump pressure washer. Orderd ubik 2000 now tho so hoping that'll be a more suitable choice. Below is a before an after I done on a job today. Sprayed it on, waited 10mins and just rinsed off

image.jpg.b1d4f59c4135cc9a3928446d26675958.jpg

Smurf

Welcome to the real world of hard stick waggling as is a darn sight harder than wfp window cleaning that's for sure. :D

Hi,

I was cleaning gutters on a big house today but am wrecked. I was using Virosol. When you look on you tube it shows people using virosol. Just put it on, leave it 5 minutes and the grime just hoses off. Not for me it doesn`t.

I dont have power washers but what I do is put Virosol on the brush. Rub it over the gutters. Wait 5 minutes and turn pure water on. Then you have to really scrub to remove the grim. Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers,

Steve

Tuffers
The before

I see custy has had a go and thought stuff this for a game of soldiers :D

BenjiRixon

Yep lol that's with a pressure washer he had a go with too lol :-D

BenjiRixon

Yeah easy jobs to do. Done his whole house today he was over the moon. Mixed the hypo @10% spray on, have a cuppa and rinse off. Lovely jubbly :-)

image.jpg.0bd7d65f6d98e6d19006bbd772c9bf16.jpg

image.jpg.475792d7a0a192c504b3a9c9c9c15c11.jpg

BenjiRixon

Not heard of that pump. I use. just a 8ltr gardening pressure sprayer from wilko.... Cost me a £10er

Tuffers
+1 on the hypo mix. That stuff is mental for gutters but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really size up the job. I.e checking for washing on the line, plants, type of paint on house.... List goes on an anything that'll be messed up by it. You need to spray it on with a pump pressure washer. Orderd ubik 2000 now tho so hoping that'll be a more suitable choice. Below is a before an after I done on a job today. Sprayed it on, waited 10mins and just rinsed off

What do you use to rinse it off with?

BenjiRixon

Just the customers hose for walls or wfp if it's the gutters