Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

There Must Be An Easier Way

Hi,

I was cleaning gutters on a big house today but am wrecked. I was using Virosol. When you look on you tube it shows people using virosol. Just put it on, leave it 5 minutes and the grime just hoses off. Not for me it doesn`t.

I dont have power washers but what I do is put Virosol on the brush. Rub it over the gutters. Wait 5 minutes and turn pure water on. Then you have to really scrub to remove the grim. Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers,

Steve

As tuffers said I've never just been able to rinse it off but I don't use virosol either I pretreat with a sprayer and algon which I think is better

Although whenever I do fascias soffits gutters etc I always give a good quote so if I need to use solvents

yeh one of the reasons I have failed to take up a gutter facia clean that the custy wants me to do is that ...its bloomin hard work

the other reason is...shes a rental and I want my money first...so ..leave the money and I will do it if you dont naff off..and she hasnt got a tap,....

and...too busy at the mo...

and....apparently...your not allowed to be ill if your a window cleaner..

something has been attacking me for three weeks now and its bloody annoying...

go to the docs...sorry not got time and I dont want to catch another load of germs..

or is it just old age....:eek::eek::eek:

nah not cheapies time to quit yet....

As tuffers said I've never just been able to rinse it off but I don't use virosol either I pretreat with a sprayer and algon which I think is betterAlthough whenever I do fascias soffits gutters etc I always give a good quote so if I need to use solvents
i never tried allgon eviestevie, who stocks it . i pre wet the pvs then spray the chemical and a quick scrub with the wfp and let it dwell for a few mins then rinse off . once i had a very dirty facia and soffit and the only way i could shift the dirt was by adding some hypo to the mix and it stripped all the dirt ,im not recommending this because know how damaging this stuff can be but in extreme jobs it will work

+1 on the hypo mix. That stuff is mental for gutters but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really size up the job. I.e checking for washing on the line, plants, type of paint on house.... List goes on an anything that'll be messed up by it. You need to spray it on with a pump pressure washer. Orderd ubik 2000 now tho so hoping that'll be a more suitable choice. Below is a before an after I done on a job today. Sprayed it on, waited 10mins and just rinsed off

View attachment 4290

Welcome to the real world of hard stick waggling as is a darn sight harder than wfp window cleaning that's for sure. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi,
I was cleaning gutters on a big house today but am wrecked. I was using Virosol. When you look on you tube it shows people using virosol. Just put it on, leave it 5 minutes and the grime just hoses off. Not for me it doesn`t.

I dont have power washers but what I do is put Virosol on the brush. Rub it over the gutters. Wait 5 minutes and turn pure water on. Then you have to really scrub to remove the grim. Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers,

Steve

+1 on the hypo mix. That stuff is mental for gutters but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really size up the job. I.e checking for washing on the line, plants, type of paint on house.... List goes on an anything that'll be messed up by it. You need to spray it on with a pump pressure washer. Orderd ubik 2000 now tho so hoping that'll be a more suitable choice. Below is a before an after I done on a job today. Sprayed it on, waited 10mins and just rinsed off
What do you use to rinse it off with?

Back