Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best solutions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is no definitive answer as it’s really down to personal choice what you use so best to try different ones and even a mix to see what you find best to use.

The detergent itself is just to suspend the loosened up dirt in and it's the amount of slip you get from the amount of solution you put on the glass & how good you are using a squeegee that counts. The type of rubber you use is again down to personal choice as some glide better than others is certain temps. Then detailing afterwards or lack of it if using a modded channel / liquidator also counts on the overall job.

I can also get streak free windows using a wfp too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anything except fairy will do the job ok(it leaves a film on the glass)

Some on here have said fairy lime and lemongrass is ok though

Personal preference i use asda eco washing up liquid as it is 100% natural, totally clear like ecover but thicker so it doesn't dry quick like ecover and has an excellent slip to it

I use flash with it like people do with ecover as it gives it a big boost in cleaning power but it is as strong as fairy etc anyway so you don't need to

I can get streak free with a rag smurf lol

Lots of fluffy bits on the glass though

Well the wind blows that off so who cares...maybe try using decent buffing rags instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tend to use ecover but like @daveyboy1 suggested the asda version might be better.

When you say you use flash with it what one and how much? got a link @daveyboy1

View attachment 4305

Try this stuff

It's the stuff i use

All decent washing up liquid has 5-15% anionic surfactants written on the ingredients which is the cleaning power

Except strong fairy which has 15- 30% written on it so they are all as strong as each other

Just need to find what suits you

Last edited by a moderator:
My phone is playing up and not letting me do links

Flash multi purpose cleaner concentrate gel

Has to be the lemon one (don't know why it just has to be for me)

In a litre bottle of that asda stuff i would put about 1.5 inches in it

I've used the red version "blossom & breeze" before :rolleyes:

Now we are sounding quite sad /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sorry james you did but I can't remember what happened an hour a go let alone 2 years ago now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Around 5 years ago i posted using white vinegar with ecover gives a brilliant shine! :thumbsup:

Back