Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need a vacation? Worried about customers?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Here's a bright idea on a nicer note for a change.

I ran into an old employee the other day, one of the few I still respect and hold in esteem.

He is only an ex-employee as he is a young (ish) no strings attached lad that likes to travel around and enjoys life so after several months with me it was time for him to move on.

A brilliant window cleaner with OCD when it comes to making sure windows are clean. A master of both traditional and WFP systems with a full clean driving licence, the type of employee you rarely come across.

Now as some of you know some short time back I dismissed the staff I had and went back to working solo, one of my biggest worries was what happens when I decide to take a long vacation of say a month as I am doing next September. Who will look after my clients and keep them happy with no interruption of business?

Well as we chugged down a couple of beers we came up with the idea that whilst I am away he will take care of my round for me and do all the cleans so I dont miss a beat (all for healthy compensation of course)

This is an idea that works well for me, as he doesn't have his own round, knows the industry and is happy to earn his travel money before moving onto the next adventure.

So if any of you fancy a break but need your round covering just PM me and I will happily pass you on his details as at the end of the day we all need a break once in a while.

love that green...its great to find someone you can trust too..

yeh holidays are a sore subject....I dont want to go away but get jobs done at home, in order to get stuck in at home I get my dirty clothes on and forget the windows...but every time some one will ring up and I will just go as I hate to let people down...

but Im having whit off.....well...

.unless of course..someone phones./emoticons/biggrin.png

the trouble is....your lad could probably do my weeks work in a day anyway...:rolleyes:

He's actually thinking of making it a full time business Sydney, just travelling around doing cover for other Window Cleaners.

Best thing about it is you never shut down and even as long as what you agree to pay him is more than the value of the work he is to do you then you are still quids in with happy customers that didn't get missed.

I just go on holiday. 90% of my customers will go away in July & August. Do they let me know there going. Course they don't. Everyone's entitled to a holiday.

I go away for 3 weeks every year 2 weeks away then 1 off to recover lol as most of my jobs are every 2 weeks i just tell them its holiday time and i will be back in a few weeks no one seems to mind

Sounds like the idea could take off, and everyone wins,

Though there is a trust issue.

If the guy looks after someone's round and it works out I reckon

Word would get out and the fella would be busy in summer.

I'm off to Darwin in July can I book him in for 2 weeks

All my customers know I only work to pay for holidays and so far they are fine about it, all my works monthly which makes it easier and I only do 3 days a week

Back