Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making pure water

davewindowcleaner

I have seriously got to stop delaying the inevitable and start upgrading from the 100 GPD I am using to make water asap.

I started a thread a few months ago about pure freedom 950 gpd high volume reverse osmosis and later decided against it.

Truth is I am having a hard time understanding the different between 4040 reverse osmosis kit, 4021 reverse osmosis kit and 600gpd RO system. I can't ring these people up who sell the stuff to ask Q's I need to know.

I guessing 600 gpd ro is already very similar to what I already got but without booster.

WHAT I do know is I want to be able to make 500lt of water at my parent place in the back garden ideally take no longer than 6 hours to make in the day (cos my parent don't like leaving the tap running at night) and transfer the water to the van.

Also which make the most water in a short space of time without the booster? I am in hard water area with tap reading of 384.

View attachment 4322

View attachment 4323

View attachment 4324

The 4021 is half the size of the 4040. A 4040 doesn't cost that much more. A membrane for a 4021 is not half the price of a 4040. So if you make a mistake and add another 4021 to speed up water production, 2 replacement membranes further down the line will cost you a lot more than a single 4040.

Nearly all van mounted systems with r/o use 4040 - and for good reason. Fast, efficient processing of water. HF5 for low water pressure and HF4 for higher water pressure. I have 50 psi and use an HF5. No booster and 2 litres per minute of pure.

So let me get this right,

4040 is similar to RO 100 gpd in term of making water for e.g Outside tap in the garden connected to the 4040 and the 4040 is also connected to the blue bottle with resin in it with pure water coming out to the other end straight and into the water butt.

You said 4040 will make 2 litres of pure water a min without booster, so that is 2 X 60 = 120 litres an hour, so I can make 480 litres in four hours…if so that would be ideal for me.

Another thing I want to check, using the 4040 to make water will mean I will have to go through more resin than what I am using now for the 100 ro GPS, how much resin will I have to go though for a year if I was making 500lt of water 5 day a week?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
A 4040 simply means the RO membrane is 40 inches long, basically that all that's different to what you have now.

However, usually with the 4040 system you have two pre filters as opposed to 3 pre filters on a small system. This is mainly Because the 40 inch RO membrane is much more efficient at producing pure water than the little 10inch ones you've got at the moment...

All it is, is usually 2 pre filters, (carbon and sediment) then a big 40 inch RO membrane. You'd use less resin because it's more efficient and the tds will be lower going Into the resin.

4021 is ecavtly the same setup but with a 20 inch RO membrane...

40 inch is the way to go for optimum speed and lowest tds.

If I was you mate, I'd ring pure freedom and enquire about there 4040 systems, they're really really helpful and explain it all to you, they knock up a quote and leave it with you to decide...

Is daqua the window cleaning supplies I want to get the 4040 from?
This is personal choice, but I think pure freedom are the best for the money, and really helpful

i done what jake has just said phoned purefreedom ordered all my gear from them

they was really gd went through every thing all i had to do was connect to water suply and i was producing pure in minutes

never had any problems my two pre filters are 20" and the membrane must be 40"

I am profoundly deaf mate
Oh ok, I didn't know, fair play mate, how do you get on at work? Well done for getting out there dispite the disability, much respect :thumbsup:

i done what jake has just said phoned purefreedom ordered all my gear from themthey was really gd went through every thing all i had to do was connect to water suply and i was producing pure in minutes

never had any problems my two pre filters are 20" and the membrane must be 40"
You running a booster pump duncs?

Totally depends on how much your putting through it mate... You got the big pump? Does the pump make a massive difference? Looking at getting one

Oh ok, I didn't know, fair play mate, how do you get on at work? Well done for getting out there dispite the disability, much respect :thumbsup:
Life is what you make it as far as I am concerns.

Putting as much flyers out get me work. I been doing this for so long now and I must admit it took me a a good while to built up my little window cleaning business but i got there at the end whereby I don't have to relies on other people anymore.

Do a good job and customers will recommend you to other people, I always make sure I give all my customers a few of my cards to past on.

Oh I have jumpers and t shirts with windows cleaner written on the back which work for me .it get people coming up to me asking to do their windows.

And your a qpr fan dave..top man..spurs myself but have a soft spot for them as i was born opposite in st marys hospital

Back