Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ordering some gear , what do you think

gladtay

Hi , first post so be gentle , looking to buy some equipment mainly for a few dormer windows and thought I would just run it by the experience boys on here first .

Unger pole unitec 2 sections four mtrs

Under safety ergo cone

Unger angel joint

Unger ergotec swivel local handle ,straight

Unger s channel plus rubber

Also a goose neck type unger attachment also

As said looking to use on a few former windows have I got it correct , do you get specific squeegees for using on poles and have I got correct one

Many thanks

That is good mate

I swear by the 0° swiveloc (straight)

Loosen it up with a bit of strategic sanding and it will be the most useful tool you have

I would also buy a normal unger ergotec handle and channel as 0° will be harder to use by hand if you need to squeegee something

In the swiveloc 10" is the most useful size to use and easiest to learn with

Yes got scraper , buckets ,clothes , couple off sets off ladders , just never used pole before and was a bit unsure if you needed a specific squeegee for a pole , so that it sits better on the window .

Thanks all

PS Enjoy yourself its later than you think

I hate to keep wheeling out modding ideas for every single thing, but I recommend gluing the ergotec locking cone onto that pole. I don't even know it went onto that pole? But I have an unger teleplus, and believe me, it's a lot more solid when you glue it on. Or at least wrap a few passes of insulation tape or something, to take the play out.

Also, exactly what applicator handle/t-bar do you have?

How about a wagtail for polework? Just got one myself. Really made things easier. Got the "combo" one with the applicator rug. So no need to switch tools.

Unless "dormer" windows means that they are overhead... (English isn't my native language.) Then you are better off with the straight swivelLoc.

Not very well

Check out wagga on utube

He cuts a slot in the boab to hold it properly

Back