Beccy

Arriving and the police are there

Beccy

This happened the other day.... I went up the drive and rocked up outside the house to find a police car parked there. I could easily see the high vis jacket of a police officer sitting in the living room.

Of course if the customer is making a complaint about someone dropping litter then they probably won't care if I start cleaning the windows while they chat with the police, but if they're being told that their wife has been in a terrible accident, they'd probably rather I wasn't there right at the window.

But turning around and scarpering just makes me feel guilty!

What would you have done?

Jake

Is have knocked and said something like:

'is everything ok? Would you like me to come back next month?'

Depending on the reaction you can go from there.............

Alien Human

Whenever I am within a very close proximity to the Police my reaction is to always start getting a sweat on, feeling really anxious and wishing that I had told my family that I loved them when I left for work that morning .....even though I haven't done anything wrong (to my knowledge)......so yeah I wouldn't have stuck around :)

spruce
This happened the other day.... I went up the drive and rocked up outside the house to find a police car parked there. I could easily see the high vis jacket of a police officer sitting in the living room.

Of course if the customer is making a complaint about someone dropping litter then they probably won't care if I start cleaning the windows while they chat with the police, but if they're being told that their wife has been in a terrible accident, they'd probably rather I wasn't there right at the window.

But turning around and scarpering just makes me feel guilty!

What would you have done?

You did right :)

Duncs

especially when your van is over weight and its scratching along the ground

and when have have been partying all night best not to sniff around to long:rofl:

i,m only joking i,m a gd laddie:thumbsup:

Jake
especially when your van is over weight and its scratching along the ground

and when have have been partying all night best not to sniff around to long:rofl:

i,m only joking i,m a gd laddie:thumbsup:

To be fair yoyr not alone, seeing the police about now is like seeing a terrorist, I just wanna run away as far as possible! It's like there out there to get us rather than protect us

Duncs

the police have nothing much to do up our way

always pulling guys over for random checks

Beccy
You did right :)

I just realised I made it sound like I scarpered... I didn't, I got that over whelming feeling that if I left they'd think I had something to hide and come for me lol.

I went round the back in the hope that by the time I got back to the front they'd be gone. It kind of worked out, they were leaving when I got to the front. The home owner, who is lovely and usually likes a chat came and paid me and apologised for not staying to talk because he had some phone calls to make. I said I hoped he was ok and he said yes thanks and went back in.

Beccy
the police have nothing much to do up our way

always pulling guys over for random checks

We rarely see them at all round here. Last time I had to call 999 the nearest car was 15 miles away.... Really useful!

Duncs

ha ha

english side of the border just mind

cheapncheerful

you do have to be careful and do a runner if you spot anything like that.....i have had a few where people have died but lucky for me a neighbour has usually warned me first so I give it a miss...

and yep...I always knock before I start as you never know what you may find...:specs

oh okay.....my brother...hmmmmmm

oh hello.

customer oh hi Im sorry I missed you Ive just been to a funeral...

oh did you have a good time.?..:eek: hes a lovely lad but,,,,,

rafawindowcleaning

Berwick is not quite Scotland is it? It very northern England I remember a few years back stopping there for a meal on my way back home from Scotland. Nice little town as far as I can remember

Jake

Anything above Birmingham is Scotland to me, dreary cold rainy weather :whistle:

Only kidding, I bet it's a beautiful place to live, I'm in Essex, so a world away from the pleasant green lands of the North, although we do have very dry weather here which is a big plus!

Jake
Berwick is not quite Scotland is it? It very northern England I remember a few years back stopping there for a meal on my way back home from Scotland. Nice little town as far as I can remember

Yes it was a sarcastic joke mate, keep up! :thumbsdown::rofl:

Duncs

cheap i,ve had two , found them both dead had to wait for police then ambulance three hours later:(