Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

War wounds

Vortexjim

View attachment 4347 What has been the worst injury you received whilst working WFP?

2 days ago I slipped in a very narrow I uneven alley against the side of a house that was harled with seashells...

Stingy buggers these cuts but more damage to pride as the neighbour saw me stumble. I think I'll live though ;)

I had a dog headbutt me in the right knacker this morning :confused:. A playful little chap he was. He kept getting his tennis ball for me to throw for him so I kept chucking it down the garden. Anyway, as I got my money from the secret hiding place and put it in my pocket he jumped up and BOSH. Ooh ya little :turd:

pmsl :laugh:

I had a dog headbutt me in the right knacker this morning :confused:. A playful little chap he was. He kept getting his tennis ball for me to throw for him so I kept chucking it down the garden. Anyway, as I got my money from the secret hiding place and put it in my pocket he jumped up and BOSH. Ooh ya little :turd:

My mate frank has had a few good laughs recently. The little shite /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ouch!

View attachment 6591 What has been the worst injury you received whilst working WFP?
2 days ago I slipped in a very narrow I uneven alley against the side of a house that was harled with seashells...

Stingy buggers these cuts but more damage to pride as the neighbour saw me stumble. I think I'll live though /emoticons/wink.png

not wishing to hijack the thread but....tradding is just as bad...I came down my ladder but I kinda jump to the floor from the second rung up and managed to land on a plant pot which really caught my ankle bad...I was lucky but you never know ...

banana has of course bit me a few times whilst dropping the sections a bit too fast..

another is a sudden drop of six inches in the ground level..bloody does your back in that one..

I was nicely climbing over the old peoples gates this week but they arent as strong as they look...

wifey knows to stay well away when I have banana in my hands..

wonder how she learnt that..:rolleyes:

its a wonder I have made it this far.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Not WFP but I took my rotary handle off the other day, it splits in the middle, and the handles came down and the socket caught me on the top of the head, cut it open and left an egg....

I came down the ladders once and there was an Adder at the bottom of the ladder :eek: now that was scary!
Awesome! lived in the country all my life and still to see one.

Awesome! lived in the country all my life and still to see one.
I've seen 3 or 4 over the years. We had a grass snake in our garage a couple of years back.

101_0712_zpsa9c3d387.jpg

heavy duty rotating washing line spun round in the strong winds yesterday, SMACK!! straight in the side of me face!!!:mad: like a punch to the jaw, jaw is now making a worrying crunching noise /emoticons/sad.png

A grass snake/ also known as slow worm is a lizard

I leant my ladders on a wooden canopy above a front door years ago ( at least 15) to stretch to the window above with a little pole

Canopy collapsed and ended up with fractured tail bone and couldn't walk for 2 weeks

I dunno, you city boys! a grass snake is completely different!

We have two snakes in the country, grass snake which is the largest, can get quite big, none venomous, and adder, usually quite small and venomous.

Slow worm is completely different, looks like a snake, is actually a lizard.

Back