Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

sullybeans

Just wondering how many guys use gutter vacs and how many just do it by hand? I personally still do it by hand. is it worth investing in a gutter vac? some of them are really pricey but seen some at about £300ish.

I use both methods as some awkward jobs I get I can't do safely by ladders even if I wanted too.

do you charge more using the vac? if you dont mind me asking have you got a low end or high end one? if low end...does it still do the job as good as by hand?

I charge quite a bit anyway whichever method I use but really awkward jobs I tend to charge more.

I've used quite a few over the years from expensive omnipole 4200 watt vacs to really cheap 3 motor vacs which all do the same short of job.

I've got a vac, it's a 3000w thingy. Like Smurf said, they are good for hard to reach gutters but a ball ache to use I find. Plus I find that it leaves stuff in the gutter when you've hoovered over the same bit of gutter a couple of times. If it's that powerful why the frig doesn't it suck everything up in sight?

If you are risking using ladders to clear guttering working on your own then best invest in an ankalad stabiliser & microlite standoff as not only does it make the job safer to do but makes the job much easier. Even more so when using a pro gutter tool on a pole.

do you like the pro gutter tool? saves alot of time going up and down the ladder. i dont have any of the stabiliser or standoff. do these fit all ladders? always 2 guys working so someone is always at the bottom.

Yes I find the pro gutter tools very handy.

Regarding ladders the ankalad should fit most 9 rung ladder or longer as it's bolted through the stiles. Likewise the microlite should fit most square and d shaped rung ladders.

On some jobs I actually use what I call hybrid method meaning I use my gutter clearing ladder setup also my guttervac as run a lightweight plastic suction hose along the guttering and stick a crevice tool on it to get under lead flashing in corners etc.

Back