Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"Detailing", sorry if its a silly question :-)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi Lads I know this is probably a silly question but ive only experienced wfp and ive read the word "detailing" being said in a few thread's? Please can you explain exactly what's meant by detailing? I'm hoping its something I already do :thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Cheers Greener :alien:

When your tradding you squeegee the window & down each side of the window & top of it you can leave maybe 2mm of soap residue. You then get what's called a scrim or microfibre cloth & run it down the edges to clear the soap/water. This is what's called detailing. Doesn't concern you if your wfp. Hope that's clear.

Detailing is when you finish a window off by using a micro/scrim in your hand and you stick your finger inside it to get right into the frame to clear up the water that's been left behind when you've bladed the window.

Cheers boys :) I do a fish and chip shop WFP the outside then Trad the inside, looks like ive been detailing all along LOL /emoticons/wink.png its the only customer I Trad so I'm learning at the moment, think I need to invest in some better equipment, I only brought a cheap set just to give it a go.

yep forty years and Im still learning..

now dont know if I did the right thing but....my spray I use inside to get rid of grease has become so watered down that its useless..so I grabbed my spray of virisol...

well a quick spray and polish it looked okay to me...I will find out if she phones me back in six months time...:Dwell she hadnt had the baby last clean and its five months old now..still..its a good payer..

Back