Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guttervacs & awkward badly blocked downspouts/sods

you could try flodding the sod with your wfp to soften it up and hopefully the vac might take it out ,failing that break out your tripple ladders lol or a cherry picker

Normally instead of ******* about too much with a guttervac I would get me ladders out and clear sods & blocked downspouts by hand.

However on that one is going to be a pig as can't get to it from either side wall. The only option is to set the ladder on the corner that's if I had a decent corner stand off as the poxy "v" shaped one will not work on that corner because the downpipe is in the way.

Yes I know I can just rest the corner on the middle of a rung or use that poxy v standoff resting part on the downpipe but both is a big risk at that height.

Why is it the yanks seem to do good corner stand offs and the ones you can get in the UK are shite? :rolleyes:

I also have a 7.1 metre telecopic pressure washer lance but if you have ever used one fully extended with a gutter clearing bend they are very whippy and great fun to control

Not only that your mate frank can blow bits off plastic guttering including end caps & downspout swan neck bends. Then you have to somehow get up there and sort that out. Plus it blasts **** everywhere :itwasntme: /emoticons/biggrin.png

the telescopic lance with the u shape attachment and low pressure has got me out of trouble a few times

very similar to the one in the video , i got it from jetmac . i know there very whippy at full extension but it might sort this for you

It might indeed but still how am I going to get up there if something goes wrong which is my main concern using a telecopic pressure washer lance on that one.

I might try putting a ladder against the facing wall and try dismantling the downpipe from the first elbow.

I'm quite good at taking things apart and not being able to put them back together again though.....!!!!

That's why I need a decent corner ladder standoff and not one of those silly v **** ones for that job

I would say that almost every job I get has at least one downspout blocked and the most I've unblocked on one job has been 7 so far to date.

Half round gutter & round downspouts are generally very easy to clear just using a guttervac but those poxy square ones can be a real pig for sure.

Got paid in full for the parts I cleaned but not that bit yet so he still don't know how much I'm going to charge yet /emoticons/biggrin.png

question is did you get paid?!

I don't have a clue about clearing downspouts, can you put a bendy wire, fence wire?from the bottom of down spout n feed it up n wiggle it to loosen it up. Stick gutter vac on bottom of down spout:eek:.

Drop some tasty bird food on it using wfp, birds might peck it n loosen it,

I think the only way to complete that job is to get up there. Can you rest your ladder (without standoff) against the bottom of the barge board, climb up, dismantle the dog leg and possibly the end section of gutter, take down and clean?

I also have a set up that allows me to vacuum gutters from the top of a ladder if necessary which can be very useful for blocked downspouts

Or use your ladder in step ladder mode (as pic) deploying your ankalad for stability? Not perfect and you need to take care, I know, but completes the job.:whew: There is nothing worse than not being able to complete a job.

Good high level pics by the way - what set up are you using?

View attachment 4397

Failing that I have used a quick erect scaffold tower as long as the job pays!

OR if the fee is really good............:D:D:D

View attachment 4398

Back