Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has my RO membrane had it

camcap

right I think my RO membrane has had its day, my tap water is 205 and is coming out the RO at 28, I've tried flushing and still no good the RO is a year old, I have just changed the pre filters which where way over due and I think this may of been the cause of shortening the life of my RO membrane. My water pressure is not the best so I have a pump ordered and on the way, so do you think my RO Is done with, as when I first had it the water coming out the RO was around 8-12 thanks for any help or input

Ye after RO it goes through a di which brings it down to 0 but I'm getting through more resin now as the reading has gone up from round 10 to 28 after the RO which makes be believe the RO membrane is done with

I would change the membrane and then resolve to change pre-filters more timeously in future./emoticons/wink.png

Your figures show a rejection rate of 86%. You should be getting a rejection rate of around 96 - 98% with a membrane in good condition. This is just costing extra money on resin that you could be putting toward a new membrane.

Thanks spruce I think i fubard the RO membrane not changing pre filters lesson learned I'm gonna go for a hf5 membrane this time, should I be replacing the filters every 3 or 6months I make between 1500l -2500l a week thanks for all your help mate

Thanks spruce I think i fubard the RO membrane not changing pre filters lesson learned I'm gonna go for a hf5 membrane this time, should I be replacing the filters every 3 or 6months I make between 1500l -2500l a week thanks for all your help mate
It has to depend on the size of your prefilters.

If you have a 10" Fiberdyne carbon block filter then according to manufacturers specs you will be good for 38,000 litres.

If you have a 20" Fiberdyne carbon block filter then according to manufacturers specs you will be good for 76,000 litres.

These figures include the waste water as well.

So if you have a waste to pure ratio of 50/50 then you will use 2 liters of tap water to make 1 liter of pure. If you were using 10,000 liters of per a month and you have a 10" Fiberdyne carbon block filter, then you will need to replace this filter every 6 - 7 weeks. A 20" Fiberdyne will last roughly twice that length of time.

If you were on a different pure to waste ratio - say 3 to 1, you will be passing 4 liters of water through your Fiberdyne filter for every 1 liter of pure water produced. Using the same figure of 10,000 liters of pure used a month, then you will need to replace your Fiberdyne filter every month if its a 10" and every 2 months if its a 20".

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back