Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO alex gardiner or anyone else that knows for sure

shazzy692002

HI Alex.

I want a extension for my 25ft slx please.

Can you let me know exactly what I need to order as your offices are shut and I need it asap as going away sunday and need it for the following Monday.

Thanks in advance

To get @Alex Gardiner attention put an @ sign first and after typing 3 letters you should get a popup box to select the member you want

HI Alex.

Can you let me know exactly what I need to order as your offices are shut and I need it asap as going away sunday and need it for the following Monday.

Thanks in advance

she works hard and plays hard our shazzy....well I think you deserve it for putting up with us lot../emoticons/biggrin.png

there you go alien was just being lazy...

ya dont want the 69 do you :eek::eek::eek:2oo2

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I ordered @shazzy692002 , you won't need the brass swivel as that was for my hose reel/emoticons/smile.png hope that helps.
Just a quick note, I did have to tape the end cap to the bottom of the pole to make it stay on though, I used some black electrical tape, not sure if they sent me the wrong size or what but it kept falling off?

ive never bin keen on the tape ide like to c the section rased so its carbon that stops the section from coming out

The tape was a bit of a DIY job, as the cap is supposed to stay on by its self, the one I had to remove from the smaller section was extremely hard to remove, as I think it should be?

HI Alex.

Thanks in advance
Hi Shazzy

The SLX25 is a 5 section pole so your first extension needed will be an SLX Extension Section 6 - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/slx-ii-carbon-fibre-pole/the-new-slx-extension-sections-6.html

Others can be added as needed going up incrementally one number at a time ( then 7, 8, 9 etc.).

Regards

Alex

Thanks everyone. Now putting the order in...

Yes smaurf having a little 7 day cruise, then home for 3 days before doing a smaller 5 day girly Benidorm drink binge. x

@Alex Gardiner do we need a end cap? Is there anything else I need to order?. Plus my pole is the new slx pole, is the link you provided the correct one still as i see there are 2 types. Sorry to be a pain.Thanks.

Hi Shazzy

The extension section comes with an end-cap pre-fitted.

These extensions fit new or old SLX poles.

Hi Shazzy
The extension section come with an end-cap pre-fitted.

These extensions fit new or old SLX poles.
Hi @Alex Gardiner, when I ordered my extension I also ordered an end cap as I thought they did not come with one? I only received one cap and was charged for it? also as mentioned in my comment above the cap did not fit securely so I had to secure it with tape?

Hi @Alex Gardiner, when I ordered my extension I also ordered an end cap as I thought they did not come with one? I only received one cap and was charged for it? also as mentioned in my comment above the cap did not fit securely so I had to secure it with tape?
We have only recently switched to including the end cap with every extension - we have also increased the price slightly to cover this. So the way you bought your extension and end cap at the time was correct.

Regarding the end cap not staying on, which size extension did you buy and what is the number on the base of the end cap?

A quick fix, is to wrap one wrap of insulating tape around the base of the pole and then slide the cap on. This should provide the extra hold and will still allow you to quickly remove it when needed.

I will check our stock, if it was a batch issue I would have thought we would have spotted it sooner as we sell a lot of poles with this size fitted.

A quick fix, is to wrap one wrap of insulating tape around the base of the pole and then slide the cap on. This should provide the extra hold and will still allow you to quickly remove it when needed.
I will check our stock, if it was a batch issue I would have thought we would have spotted it sooner as we sell a lot of poles with this size fitted.
Thanks Alex, I have already done this and it is now held on tight. /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks Alex, I have already done this and it is now held on tight. /emoticons/wink.png
Apologies I thought that you had taped it on over the join to keep it on. Done the way you have it should work well and not give any issues. I will take a look into this though.

Back