Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tax question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

abs

right my wife has a good job and is the main earner in our house ,if I make my wife a 50/50 partner and 1 year I make no profit could she be taxed less from her job because of her business loss ?

In short. Yes.

I did this a few years back. It's tricky. You carry the loss from one business over to the next year. You'll register as a partnership and get another gateway ID.

Also, you need to purchase special software in order to complete a partnership tax return. It's only £20 or so but nobody tells you this until you try to file it.....

I found it very confusing but if one business shows a negative profit(loss) of a few grand, then you're mad not to give it a go.

Good luck!

In short. Yes.
I did this a few years back. It's tricky. You carry the loss from one business over to the next year. You'll register as a partnership and get another gateway ID.

Also, you need to purchase special software in order to complete a partnership tax return. It's only £20 or so but nobody tells you this until you try to file it.....

I found it very confusing but if one business shows a negative profit(loss) of a few grand, then you're mad not to give it a go.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info @SPC I'll look into this a little more

Latest Posts

Back