Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how many of you getting window cleaning flyers

davewindowcleaner

Though your letter box?

I must have had about 5 different flyers offering to clean my windows in last 4 weeks!

Think I need to start cleaning my own windows a bit more often :oops:

I've see quite a few new startups going about and seems one is very active where I live. Him & his mate just have a pug 206 with a roof rack with 2 ladders on. On the boot of the car has silver lettering saying "window cleaner Tel: *********".

I stopped to have a chat as they where doing another fascia clean in my road. Seems nice chaps but their prices seems silly low and they really graft for very little reward.

Will they still be around in a year who knows but at least they are out grafting for now so fare play to them.

You would not believe how many window cleaners are out there where I am at.

It used to bother me at one point when i was starting out worrying I find it difficult to get work.

Having said that I wouldn't like to start from scratch nowadays, it will get harder and harder for newcomers.

I think they day of the really compact rounds are long gone as the majority seem to scratch about doing odds and sods in each street they work in now. It seems very common to see different window cleaners doing the same street. The most I have seen so far to date whilst out working in just one street is 6 different cleaners in one day /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think there were about 7 doing our road at one point. There's no more than 50 houses in the street. One bloke rolls up to WFP a small 2 bed house and has to go down a back alley to get to the rear. It's the only house in our road he does :confused:

last genuine newbie i saw was a guy wearing a heavy coat in high summer . he was staggering to his car after doing a big house havnt seen his since

Back