Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my new van mount finally completed

You sure about that tank the way it's held rafa? Is it against the bulkhead and what is that strap? The strap doesn't look strong enough to me.

Right. That is not it. 1.5tonne that one. Thought would do for 400l tank Especially that it is not connected to anchor point but fed through the holes to the cabin and back around the tank? Or should i really change it ?

Newtons second law. Force = mass × acceleration or in this case deceleration if you have a crash or maybe even go round a corner quickly. Your tank may only weight 400kg when full of water but if you try to decelerate that weight very quickly the force on that one strap will be equivalent to a lot more than just the weight of water.

I've got two 5 tonne straps on mine (350 litre tank) bolted through bulkhead in one place and chasis in the other three, ideally I'd like a frame but they're a bit pricey!!!

as already said that strap is not nearly enough , i wouldnt want to depend on that in a headon collision .have a look on youtube and online for some crash test videos that might give you some technical information on the rated strapping needed

Took me much longer than I thought it would but finally my new setup is ready and raring to go! Quite proud now /emoticons/smile.png
It took me much longer than I expected too!......that is the story of my life though.

'Just going for a quick half with the boys love'.........Three days later 'Yes hello, is that the Police?...yes....I would like to report my husband missing........'

I got my 500 ltr retaining frame for my tank from the cleaning warehouse £140. £50 for my garage to drill the holes and bolt it down. I wouldn't say that's too much to pay for a solid bit of kit.

View attachment 4389

I got my 500 ltr retaining frame for my tank from the cleaning warehouse £140. £50 for my garage to drill the holes and bolt it down. I wouldn't say that's too much to pay for a solid bit of kit.
Thats a great price, I'd not seen many under £300 but they look really good for the money!

Took me much longer than I thought it would but finally my new setup is ready and raring to go! Quite proud now /emoticons/smile.png
Strip it out and start again lol No only joking good on you for kitting yourself out but like Others said be sure it's safe coz any type of crash and it's only then will that one ratchet strap save you

its the insurance to consider as well..if they can get out of paying because its not in proper...they will..

but it looks great rafa and must be great to have all that lovely pure to work with...

Im not a jealous barrel, backpack user at all.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back