Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silicone bend

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Wondering if anyone knows of a different option to the silicone u bend that we use for gutter cleaning the crevice tool at the top of our poles? I find that it puts a bit of weight when it's on anything lighter out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The gulper tool is specifically designed to fit the gardiner poles. It is very light but as it fits inside the pole it narrows quite a bit and I've had some issues with blockages.

If you don't have gardiner poles you might have to adapt it.

I've found you can get blockages in any size bends /tools @Rascal.

It only takes a broken bit of tile, mortar, twig, dolls leg, pen knife, lighter, bit of bone to name a few to block the guttervac bend up. It's even worse when using a crevice tool as they get blocked up so much easier.

Not much fun when doing tall jobs as you have to bring the pole down to unblock it as just switching the vac off does not work all the time.

The ID inlet of the gulper is 50mm but narrows to 35mm where it slots in to the pole. Bad design. I make my own tools which have 50mm throughout and they don't block like the gulper.

Back