Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

We use Videos to advertise - does anyone else

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

This past 18 months we have been making videos to advertise our business. And have made over 300 so far!

Do any of you use videos and what type do you prefer from this small selection of ours?

Show us yours!

Thanks for watching!

[media]

[/media]

Not once in that vid on the main part of that building did they take the pole down so must not have been much up there like bad sods etc or would have blocked the gutter nozzle. It's also hard to see from the vid but don't look like they were using a camera either to see what they where doing.:rolleyes:

Hi - The gutters were full trust me!

The videos are always taken after we have cleaned the gutters out as our customers prefer not to watch gutters being sucked. We have broken so many cameras whilst cleaning we find it is better to have a look first - then take camera off - clean - check and film. The pole we used was a 20 metre carbon fibre from Grippa VAc - it broke in two places because of the weight of the **** coming down during the cleaning. We find at 20 meters the pole will snap at some point - 15/16 meters though seems ok. We have the 3 GVAC systems from Omnipole which are heavy - next ones we buy will be Spacevac but they are only 14/16 meters I believe

Educational Jakey boy - if nobody wants me to post then I wont no problem. But personally I think they make a forum more interesting - perhaps you should post some

Nice videos @Rhinoman /emoticons/smile.png Do you find you get much work from them? From my own experience, keeping videos to around 30 seconds works best when it comes to promoting them on social media - anything over that and people tend to lose interest!

Thanks for the info Darren and for me I find your vids very interesting.

Regarding gutter clearing I was just wondering if the gutters were that bad how come you did not want to use a picker on that one instead of struggling with a guttervac?

Reason why I'm asking must be real pigs to do using a guttervac even using carbon poles at that height like you say can snap. Especially when trying to remove large sods in the guttering and blockages in downspouts/bends.

Also do you still take on/do many 4/5 storey gutter clearing jobs now using a guttervac after that one with 2 poles snapping as flags up a big H&S risk to me.

Hi - The gutters were full trust me!The videos are always taken after we have cleaned the gutters out as our customers prefer not to watch gutters being sucked. We have broken so many cameras whilst cleaning we find it is better to have a look first - then take camera off - clean - check and film. The pole we used was a 20 metre carbon fibre from Grippa VAc - it broke in two places because of the weight of the **** coming down during the cleaning. We find at 20 meters the pole will snap at some point - 15/16 meters though seems ok. We have the 3 GVAC systems from Omnipole which are heavy - next ones we buy will be Spacevac but they are only 14/16 meters I believe

Educational Jakey boy - if nobody wants me to post then I wont no problem. But personally I think they make a forum more interesting - perhaps you should post some

I don't bother with videos mate, they nearly always look cheesy and embarrassing, unless you throw a lot of money at them.

I let the website and reviews do the talking.

Your videos are good, but for the average domestic window cleaner, they nearly always appear quite embarrassing!

Your a very large company, so it's worth it for you..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neil after reading @Rhinoman post about thoses grippa vac (gardiner) poles snapping it might be worth getting a few extra spare poles for that little job you have lined up.

Did you also total up the linear metre's @Neil as must come to quite a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is why I've not bothered myself but still is another good passive marketing tactic to explore. Seems to be very big in the states and even some vids are customer recommendations too

I don't bother with videos mate, they nearly always look cheesy and embarrassing, unless you throw a lot of money at them.
I let the website and reviews do the talking

No Idea I wasn't there.

Cherry picker was taken but unfortunately could not be used on this particular building properly.

Jake we are not a big company - but we're gonna be :)

Hi - The gutters were full trust me!The videos are always taken after we have cleaned the gutters out as our customers prefer not to watch gutters being sucked. We have broken so many cameras whilst cleaning we find it is better to have a look first - then take camera off - clean - check and film. The pole we used was a 20 metre carbon fibre from Grippa VAc - it broke in two places because of the weight of the **** coming down during the cleaning. We find at 20 meters the pole will snap at some point - 15/16 meters though seems ok. We have the 3 GVAC systems from Omnipole which are heavy - next ones we buy will be Spacevac but they are only 14/16 meters I believe
I've got a gutter job coming up @Rhinoman its around 45ft so I should be ok hopefully [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back