Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SAD CLOSE CALL

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

start cleaning my 91 yr old custy windows yesterday and notice her sitting in her chair

after cleaning a couple she hasnt moved and she usualy does hm

look a wee bit closer and began to think maybe this might be my last clean but happy days she moved shuffled over to her open window and payed me before saying to me '' Im done wish this was all over ''

l said to her ach your not you were ya just having a doze and she said ''Im tired all the time''

i says maybe you will feel better after another doze and we said good bye

feel sad as her husband is 89 and has dementia and lives with her so she is his carer

It's a sad situation to be in for sure

If i got dementia i would want to be put out of my misery

Sadly that is not allowed in this "caring" world we live in

so sad that norm.but at least it was all okay this time..

I used to clean an awful lot of old peoples homes and when I came back home it did make me think a lot.

I have just cleaned my old dears last week and all is well but you do never know whats around the corner..

most of them make me think what am I moaning at as they do so much with their life even now and all I want to do is hit my chair..

I have one who went plane walking at 89 still drives and likes it and is amazingly sharp...so there is hope for us all.

I do get a bit worried when I come around to clean the patio windows and one of my old uns has dozed off two foot from me I usually come back later...dont want them getting a shock..

my dad is 75 and I was just saying how heavy my 25l of water are so he picks one up no effort at all and said oh their not that bad...

guess I take after mummy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and yes daveyboy if like my poor doggy who passed on this week I cant get out of my chair for a pee...give me the syringe and off I go...a while yet I hope..yet another stupid rule this country should change..

If i have to sit in a chair all day then i am already dead

Couldn't imagine not being up and about

Half hour on the sofa and I've had enough

one way i wouldnt advise is jumping off the Orwell bridge in Suffolk . its surprising how many drive miles across country to come here and end it all- but many dont die,end up stuck in the mud cos tides out

I wanted to put funny boar but thought about it..

yep daveyboy I agree however...I am not daveyboy....I AM me...and me is happy doing what makes me happy..

and after all...as far as my brain is concerned I am in australia or climbing a mountain or in outer space...as the tv has to be included for me...or else yes..I would be out of my chair..

yes its probably considered a waste of life but...

I always have done it even as a kid...my mates came to my bedroom and tried to drag me out but usually failed..so we partied in my bedroom.

I DO get bored after a long time ..er...it has to be a long time...but then I will just go off and spot a job that has been waiting and do that ...and curse all the time I am doing it as its dragged me away from my chair..

I am getting buried with this chair..or in it...:rofl:

A bit negative, but could be worse.... Working age dementia or another younger Ailment, at least the old folks have lived?

A lot of suicide attempts end in misery, then they suddenly want to live! Whether it's after burning their organs with a drug OD or paralysing themselves in a jump

yeh your right there jimroot..

.I aint got the guts for suicide.

hope your recovering okay jimroot.../emoticons/biggrin.png

as my doggy has died I was thinking all heavy on my website blog the other night...

apparently when whoever or whatever or however came to design life it also decided it shouldn't last forever..

.not something I would do personally for if I had created life I don't really see why it should be programmed to end for no apparent reason and, make it out of the control of that person, who is that life.....

.pause breathe in slowly and continue..

and yes its okay, I think I lost myself as well as you.

but it does make you think doesn't it..?I mean I know all about the religious thing but...

if I had designed it I would have made it to repair the damage...as of course it made the thing in the first place so it knows what to do..

not so clever this creator then..? or is it....

like so many manufactures out there...they want things to break....so you come back to replace them, yeh creator....I am not happy with this arrangement....I have too much to do in this life to EVER want to artificially end that life just to make a profit...

yeh it sure makes you think....and on a sunday too.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandfather, he's 85 ,kept himself fit all his life until last couple of months he has suffered major health problems. I was visiting him in hospital a couple of weeks ago , he still has his mind but his body is shot to pieces with wear and tear of life . He had a D. N. R sign above his bed on a white board. I was speaking to him about that and he said "he's had enough of this **** , there put horses down for less " looking around the ward old men lying there looking at nothing . No way do I want to get to that stage. Off to Switzerland for the special drink I go ... Should be able to do it in this country...

I always thought id take one last walk up a mountain...

I think the native Americans used to go on one last long walk away from the village.

If life didn't die organisms couldn't develop I suppose in this universe

I always thought id take one last walk up a mountain...
I think the native Americans used to go on one last long walk away from the village.

If life didn't die organisms couldn't develop I suppose in this universe
hows yer ankle?

I'm wondering why they are not getting any help?
dont know @Smurf she told me she has 2 daughters but one isnt well and the other lives far away

suppose when they die all the family will appear to cash in

yeh your right there jimroot..
.I aint got the guts for suicide.

hope your recovering okay jimroot.../emoticons/biggrin.png

as my doggy has died I was thinking all heavy on my website blog the other night...

apparently when whoever or whatever or however came to design life it also decided it shouldn't last forever..

.not something I would do personally for if I had created life I don't really see why it should be programmed to end for no apparent reason and, make it out of the control of that person, who is that life.....

.pause breathe in slowly and continue..

and yes its okay, I think I lost myself as well as you.

but it does make you think doesn't it..?I mean I know all about the religious thing but...

if I had designed it I would have made it to repair the damage...as of course it made the thing in the first place so it knows what to do..

not so clever this creator then..? or is it....

like so many manufactures out there...they want things to break....so you come back to replace them, yeh creator....I am not happy with this arrangement....I have too much to do in this life to EVER want to artificially end that life just to make a profit...

yeh it sure makes you think....and on a sunday too.../emoticons/biggrin.png
sorry about your dog c.n.c.they are part of the family for sure

After my staffie went a few years ago i never got another

Grew up with dogs and it is always hard to see them go

Plus would be always comparing to my old one who was one in a million

After my staffie went a few years ago i never got anotherGrew up with dogs and it is always hard to see them go

Plus would be always comparing to my old one who was one in a million
yeah they are great and more loyal than people

hows yer ankle?
Foot bone... But the ankle was dodgy too...

It feels about 90% healed, (according to google it's actually 50% of full strength at 6weeks and takes upto 18 months for 100%)

I can walk normally with just a hint of limp, can drive but van clutch is a bit stiff for comfort, fast walking/running is out of the question and it aches after a few hours on my feet. I aim to start paid work again next week and hope for the best

yeh my ankle has been playing up for a week due to me landing on a plant pot..didnt hurt at the time but still letting me know...

good luck on your return jimroot:D

it does help having the other dog a collie who is a very good dog ./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back