Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOW MUCH RESIN IN AN 11LITRE DI VESSEL

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddy

Just got my DI vessel today, filled it to 3/4 full of resin, tested the water that came out it was 008, why wasn't it zero? What have I done wrong? My TDS reading before is 72

Just got my DI vessel today, filled it to 3/4 full of resin, tested the water that came out it was 008, why wasn't it zero? What have I done wrong? My TDS reading before is 72
A few things to check; is the flow of water going in and out the correct way, did you buy new resin, did you buy a TDS meter from a reputable dealer, fill the resin to just below the neck, don't run water through full pelt, check PPM after water has flowed for a few minutes.

A few things to check; is the flow of water going in and out the correct way, did you buy new resin, did you buy a TDS meter from a reputable dealer, fill the resin to just below the neck, don't run water through full pelt, check PPM after water has flowed for a few minutes.[/QUOTMy TDS meter is a good one, the flow is correct. I'm finding it difficult to put any more resin in because the top and plastic tubing won't go back on

Always fill the vessel with water before re-inserting the riser tube/head assembly as this makes it much easier to insert & line up once the resin is suspended in water- tap water is fine. You could have dislodged the riser tube as you push & pull on it to try & line the head threads up.

Every 3 to 4 months I wrestle mee 25L tank, cursing it and beating it to a pulp because the feckin water comes out at a stoopid high ppm. I do all the things which have been suggested above and eventually it works.......with me not actually knowing what caused the issue. The only thing that I do know is that once it's down to 0ppm it stays there.

I came in soaked tonight......literally dripping as the pressure had built up big time etc etc......

Might sound a bit odd but I quite like these quarterly battles with mee tank......cause I always win /emoticons/smile.png

Back