Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dramatic increase in tap water ppm

Smurf

I've noticed that my tap water ppm has shot up another 100 ppm.

Could this be the water companies are dosing the water more because of the warmer weather?

Give them a call, be interesting to hear their response. Are you on a meter? Would they have to reimburse you if they provide a different product? Tds?

I would be wasting my time as their duty as a service provider is to provide safe drinking water. Therefore they would not be that interested how hard or soft the water is unlike us wfp window cleaners. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ours also stinks of chlorine these last few days. Started to run the r/o later in the afternoon.

I've noticed that my tap water ppm has shot up another 100 ppm.
Could this be the water companies are dosing the water more because of the warmer weather?
Could very well be!

I test my pure water every barrel every fill.

Yesterday I got my first 001 reading.

Out of curiosity I thought I'd check pre di vessel and although it's not dramatic mine has increased from 81 to 125 .

Going to keep an eye on this over the next few weeks.

That's no good to me as the data is at least a year old.. I could have grown two heads by then /emoticons/biggrin.png

It seems logical to assume all mains tap water tds will fluctuate depending what the water companies are doing at the time, where they are taking the water from and how much chems they are dosing it to make safe drinking water. It will rocket up too if there is a leaking/ broken mains pipe and directly afterwards as the pipe is brought back into service.

What pisses off is that some people in village are on parish water tds 70, while others like me are on Welsh water tds 290.

Oh well shite happens as they say...

The guys you should feel really sorry for a the ones in really hard water areas as some are as high as 450 or more.:rolleyes:

Depends how much water you are get through you might be better off considering using a ro now instead of di only.

2 months ago mine was around 150ppm now it's 220 ppm .. /emoticons/sad.png Using more resin

Depends how much water you are get through you might be better off considering using a ro now instead of di only.
I use a ro. With a small di vessel . Can't really complain , changing resin every 10 days getting around 2000 litres

Back