Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody else cleaning caravans?

Not quite a conservatory but similar style of work.

View attachment 4415

Did this today and do about 12 - 15 a year locally.

Sides take 1.5 - 2hrs. Usually charge about £60 for that.

Gutters took over an hour due to stupid gutter guard rubbish in the way!

You need to be careful if pricing the roof. This one was really dirty and took over 2 hours.

I charged £100 but it should have been higher although I don't think the customer would have paid it!

I do tourers as well starting at £40, usually done in under 1.5 hrs

Make sure there is power (if required) and water otherwise it's a right ball ache.:sweating:

You can quite often pick up other work whilst there too.:thumbs:

I've been doing first cleans on new park homes (painted render wall ones) bungalow type things. Plus chemical wash downs on older one etc for a company that owns several sites for a while now. Then gain extra work from the ppl that have brought them too. /emoticons/smile.png

What chemicals do you use to wash coloured render? I was asked to jet wash a coloured render but after doing a test I wasn't happy about doing it as some of the surface was coming off.

Algoclear seems to be a suitable product but I have no experience of it. http://www.algoclear.com/

Anyone else used it? Think I might buy some and try.

In the end the Client went back to the housebuilder to try and get it sorted.

I've been doing first cleans on new park homes (painted render wall ones) bungalow type things. Plus chemical wash downs on older one etc for a company that owns several sites for a while now. Then gain extra work from the ppl that have brought them too. /emoticons/smile.png

Personally I would never jet wash a caravan especially ones with rendered walls.

If the render is badly discoloured by algae/mould I soft wash them using a hypo mix, let dwell and rinse off with a hose connected to an outside tap or rinse with pure water from my van.

I would never jet wash a caravan either - I meant coloured render for a house! /emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D

Personally I would never jet wash a caravan especially ones with rendered walls.If the render is badly discoloured by algae/mould I soft wash them using a hypo mix, let dwell and rinse off with a hose connected to an outside tap or rinse with pure water from my van.

Back