Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Swivel Lock

gladtay

Just bought one off these for use on a pole , I understand you can move it the lock it into position but if you just leave it untightened should it swivel as you use it and move as you move the pole , also can't seem to work out what the black button under the tightening screw is for , is this a lock

Would post a picture but still tying to work that one out , cheers

If it's the regular 30 degree angle version, I don't think it's for swiveling use on the end of a pole (I'm probably wrong though). It's just that I've never been able to get mine to swivel on a pole. The 0 degree angle version is another story, it swivels great on the end of a pole, though obviously can't be used with the pole at a steep angle.

Though I don't really use poles much, tbh, I hate cleaning with a pole and only do it when there is no alternative.

Oh also, my 30 degree swiveloc required a great deal of sanding just to swivel in my hand. Typical unger, needed modding as usual, can't understand how they let them leave the factory as virgin as that.

Oh also, the lock button isn't very good on some. It's basically just a centre position marker, then you tighten up with it in that position. It doesn't really have all that much strength on its own

I use the 0° on a pole for over conny roofs..sanded it and have it loose so i can fan a window on the pole with no detailing

The 30° is only good as a long handle really

The 0° on a pole with an adjustable crank is excellent to pole any high window from the ground then wrap cloth round the pole without the squeegee to detail the top edge to prevent runs

I'll do a vid in a mo

Just have it lose enough to move under pressure so you can angle the squeegee so you don't get lines

This is how i use a 0° swiveloc

Taking my time to show you but usually do it a lot quicker

Just have to twist the pole a touch each time to get the channel to point slightly downwards on the side not touching the frame to avoid lines on the glass

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLh7n0ly368[/media]

Back