Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best place to buy an Ankalad stabilizer

Well turned out got a new one on ebay including delivery for £95, saved £45 on the price of one from the supplier smurf linked, bloody delivery to n Ireland is £20!.

Best money I have spent in a long time, its a great bit of kit, after a fall while trying to clean a conny roof thought it was time to invest!!!! Thankfully I had managed to get both size elevens through the rungs of the ladder and landed on my feet, only a couple of (well) bruised shins to show for it!!! too fecking close, first thing went through my head was my 8wk old son..... time daddy caught himself on.....

We all have the close call that makes us re assess our way of working

Lesson learnt though ey?

An ankalad will not stop you falling from your ladder. Even though is much safer to use so you still need to keep your wits about you and don't do a frank what ever you do /emoticons/wink.png

When using the ladder free standing with an ankalad fitted like for instance slightly away from a conservatory on level ground make sure the ankalad legs are adjusted evenly on both sides and preferably at full width with the strap taut. You can use the brace if you want that comes with it just for good measure. Also never go higher than one step below the top ankalad legs when using the ladder free standing or it can tip.

I recently bought one. Great piece of kit. I paid £110 I think. But shortly afterward there was a Groupon deal £59.99

I was a bit gutted. /emoticons/wink.png

sometimes they come up on fleebay as new never used and boxed like the ones I picked up for no more than 25 squid each. Mind you me and my big mouth now everybody wants one /emoticons/biggrin.png

Looking what other stuff is on the market i think it is the only device i would feel safe with

I've tried most of them but still the ankalad is the best by a long shot.

Looking what other stuff is on the market i think it is the only device i would feel safe with

Back