Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you rinse differently with hydrophilic or phobic water?

slippy

One of them nicely comes down the glass (cant remember which one), but the other in beads, is there a different way to rinse between these two ways?

A friend said fan jets weren't good unless you were experienced. What did he mean?

Do I need to buy the whole brush to get fan jets on my pole? My current Ionics brush has pencil jets. Anyone recommendations for a fan jet brush?

With the hydrohorrible glass, I turn the brush around so the jets are pointing up, you can actually see them rinsing the very top and corners and can make sure you're missing nothing. Seems to work for me.

I just make sure i rinse as much of the glass as poss on phobic windows, get the jets right up to the top edge of the windows and really rinse down the glass in a sideways motion catching as much beading as possible...

I find fan jets easy to use myself. Gardiner do brushes now with 2 sets of holes in the brush stock so when ordering you can have both type fitted if you wanted.

Best speak to @Alex Gardiner as I'm sure he can give you advice on fan jets also offers a wide selection of brushes

A friend said fan jets weren't good unless you were experienced. What did he mean?Do I need to buy the whole brush to get fan jets on my pole? My current Ionics brush has pencil jets. Anyone recommendations for a fan jet brush?

Keep considering fan jets, as for phobic glass I just rinse it a lot more and take much more time over it, I hate the bloody things and still don't understand how two panes of one window can be different?

I used fan jets all the time, yes you dont get a strong single jet but the fanned water has a much better covering of the glass. They work for some and not others. Think it just depends on which you prefer working with.

poles apart....interesting..let us know the result.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yes not so happy today fully wfp three buildings and went to check the result.

and on the first one I did I could see like dust spotting so I microfibred it off as it was only slight...

got back to the car to find it covered in :turd: dust...bloody workmen had been moving sand around into a dumper truck and dumping it on the other side...did they have to choose today

most of the windows were the :turd: type but its more the seals that were the problem...and not having much water means I couldnt really wash the frames and seals..

guess who ran out of water after three big buildings with half a bloody window left...

its a good job I can trad../emoticons/biggrin.png

Fans on a high(ish) setting & if the glass is really phobic then I zig zag the brush down the glass in narrower sections than I normally would... seems to work for me! /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back