Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can window cleaning really be lucrative with hard work?

look under smurfs mattress:rofl:

and I bagsy that old battered suitcase under the bench at the bottom of his garage...

just wish I could work hard....and then maybe...but...me runs out of energy..

It does depend a lot on your work and book keeping and the ones that have the good work....dont want to let it go...but...IM WAITING...:rolleyes:

with a good regular round some of the lads on here are on as good a money as you can get in any job...

but..

if your ill ...tough..

go on holiday and you feel guilty

and of course at any time...break your ankle or what ever...

as I believe some poor windy did recently as posted on here..

lucky for me so far so good....as long as frank isnt around...:rofl:

work hard and uel be grand

take it easy and ur fecked and wont have the money to keep going

u need to do canvassing flat out and when not canvassing do jobs

dos,int mater how great your round is ,if your not motivated to work

you will never make big money

i,m busy all year round,, what a great position to be in but i,ve had to graft hard

I do believe if you put the work in the work will come your way and you will always be in work, there is,int many folk can say that

I'm currently window cleaning on a part time basis due to having a full time job,I have 55 customers in 3 months but want to make it a full time job to support my family

yep duncs with you on that ...I WANT WHIT WEEK OFF but know someone will want me.../emoticons/biggrin.png

one of the best things about this job and daddy said that...is....ya can always go out and get some money...on a wage slave job ...you have to wait til pay day...

Good on you fella. The lads have all given some sound advice above. Looks like your on the right path and must be working long hours doing both jobs. Keep going!

peter is bang on canvass hard and the graft will come

then your graft gets better and you drop the ****

your round gets better and better and easier

Cheers guys yeah it's hard work but it will be worth it in the end,it's nice to get some assurances from all of you.this forum is what have me the push to start off with,I think my biggest thing now is the transition from part time to full time and when to quit my job lol bad times

peter is bang on canvass hard and the graft will comethen your graft gets better and you drop the ****

your round gets better and better and easier
Agree with what Duncs has said. Another option is to sell off some of the round (or even give it to a friend to start out) Personally I try not to just dump it......especially when there's a buck to be made /emoticons/wink.png

Well done Legend for what you've done so far. I was similar-working one job and building up my window cleaning. I saved all my window cleaning money(after paying off the initial equipment purchases) to give a bit of a cushion once I made the jump to window cleaning. Once my round was about 75% of the money of my job I quit and used the mone I had saved to subsidise whilst I picked up the rest I needed. Not sure where you are based, it seems like a lot of people on here spend a lot of time canvassing but in my experience I posted 5000leaflets by hand in evenings and weekends. The family helped! When a few of those responded I knew where to focus my door to door canvassing. To be honest I only did this for the first few months. Never looked back. 17 years later( and don't my joints know it!) I work 4 days a week. It takes 10 weeks to get round my round (most really don't mind the longer interval-I just charge them more, but it still works out cheaper for them per month) and that is with someone with me a few days a week. The absolute must for all of this though is to know yourself. You have to be able to get up and out every morning-easy when it's sunny, not when it's -5c! You need to be disciplined about tax money and budgeting. Your money comes in in peaks and troughs. I do my budget on a 4 week month, so 48 weeks a year. That way you have 4 weeks of "holiday" per year, weeks that if you earn no money your bills are still covered. That way you have the space for 2 weeks of guilt free holiday and 2 weeks for weather etc. Anyway, it's worked for me. Sorry for the long reply!

I'm currently window cleaning on a part time basis due to having a full time job,I have 55 customers in 3 months but want to make it a full time job to support my family
its all up to you, put in the effort and the rewards are there

you certainly have to dig deep in the first couple of years. by diggin deep i mean youre going to take a lot o sh/t work and be bent over n shafted , tho not literally thank god

last year a local lad in my town set up , got the snazzy van and the Tshirts .made an initial leaflet drop effort but then backpeddled no marketing at all that i noticed - by doing F all in promoting his business hes not digging deep ,Not even got the spade touching the grass and i hear he is now looking for a job sick of it all.

a proper long term marketing effort should get you entrenched. i was sh/t at marketing my first 2 yrs just leaflettin a slow effort brought slow returns too!

but once i started employin i had to get marketing fast or id have likely failed soon after . you need several lines in the water too

Last edited:
Back