Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another newbie after help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

just trying to make a start in window cleaning so been and brought some kit of the bay. Got a streamline trolly with a knee high DI strapped to it. Been harvesting rainwater and tds going in is about 40 but even slowing the flow down to an absolute dribble can't seem to get below 10. Got the tap slowing the flow right after the Di in case that makes any difference and running a 100psi pump with no flow controller. Would it be better to have the tap before the Di or are they best under pressure? The bloke who sold it me had it set up with the tap after the Di and assured me it was fresh resin. Not that I believe everything I'm told but just don't want to bin the resin and then find out it was me doing something wrong. Any words of wisdom please chaps or just change it?

Also any recommendations for a good alround brush head for a newbie as think the one I've got is a bit c**p or could be the useless thing at the other end of the pole:)

Thanks in advance

Personally I'd change the resin first and also think about buying a controller as your barrels are going to be empty before you know it.

Thanks Smurf and Tuffers. Yes been thinking I needed a controller. Right will get the resin changed if it's not anything I'm doing wrong. Cheers

before you change it ...wfp expert here...ha ...dont forget to give it a good shake or stir and try it again...

apparently...water channels through and shaking makes it find new resin...

yeh okay ...I only learnt it off here.../emoticons/biggrin.png

also...not sure ...as I say Im no expert but think it takes a while for new resin to settle down..so keep flushing and try again..

I should take smurfs wfp exam soon../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh its good for you to agree tuffers seeing as its you that told me...:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
......and give the riser tube inside the di vessel a thorough inspection. There is a tube that pushes into the top threaded housing. There is an o ring in the top housing and it needs to be a reasonably firm fit around the tube.

My guess is the resin is the issue.

I would recommend Tulsion M115 as that has always been good for me. www.daqua.co.uk sell it. Best a 25 liter bag.

When refilling with resin fill until the resin is up to the spot where the vessel curves at the top. Then filling the vessel with water will make assembling the riser into the vessel so much easier.

Thanks for the tips will give it a good shake and then take apart for a good looking at. Also just seen another post about air locks in Di and think there might be a bit of that going on. Just out of interest does anyone connect a Di to their drainpipe to instantly harvest pure or does it need higher pressure?

Latest Posts

Back