Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finding storage space

slippy

If you have a trolley, pole, mower hedge cutter and some power tools and 10 25 litre barrels, would you need a garage to store them or would a small utility shed suffice? I am looking for a flat and am finding it difficult to get one with a garden or garage where I could store my equipment, but the stuff (just listed above) could if placed on each other get in a smallish place. I currently use the garage of an old lady who I do work for, but who knows when that will end. Garages rent for £70/month. Are there any other options? or should I only look for a place with a garden and/or garage?

Hi mate, have you got a van? Depending on exactly how much stuff you have it may be worth considering just getting something the size of a Vivaro or Transit which should be able to store most of that.

The £70 p/m could contribute to the van instead depending on what age/model you got.

Just a thought - good luck with it all fella /emoticons/smile.png

If you have a trolley, pole, mower hedge cutter and some power tools and 10 25 litre barrels, would you need a garage to store them or would a small utility shed suffice? I am looking for a flat and am finding it difficult to get one with a garden or garage where I could store my equipment, but the stuff (just listed above) could if placed on each other get in a smallish place. I currently use the garage of an old lady who I do work for, but who knows when that will end. Garages rent for £70/month. Are there any other options? or should I only look for a place with a garden and/or garage?
Are you the same 'slippy' who wants to put a 250L tank on the back seat of your car from another forum? :rolleyes:

I store a lot of my expensive stuff in my kitchen, the water barrells and cheaper stuff could be left in the van.

I dont have expensive stuff as you know they can have my :turd: but I still cover it up and ladders are always locked on the roof...no good giving them temptation..

I did finally clean out my box in the boot and got rid of all the gone off goey skittles...and shortly after a bottle of fairy leaked into it...oh I give up..

and of course..something I took out in my clear out I wanted the week after...

some of the lads are really tidy on here and have everything stored nice and neat...but Im a pig....too lazy to be called anything else....sorry ....me loves me tele and me beer and me couch tooooo much..:rolleyes:

The carbon fibre lives on shelves above my sink...

Industrial vac and trolley next to the bin.

Not ideal but better than being worried about the gear at night.

Isn't banana dear to your heart CNC :)

dont move into a flat, absoloute ballache, ive just moved form a flat with no tap, no storage and no parking to a house with all the above and a driveway, the diff it makes, wow, it was hell trying to run a business from a flat

dont move into a flat, absoloute ballache, ive just moved form a flat with no tap, no storage and no parking to a house with all the above and a driveway, the diff it makes, wow, it was hell trying to run a business from a flat
I agree but trying to get a garden a tap outside and possibly parking and garage on limited mortgage in an area u want to be isn't that easy. If I had to prioritize these factors which are more important? E.g Is a garden more important than a garage? With garden could build outside storage and get tap. Could u get electric socket and tap in a garage?

I haven't got parking or garage or enclosed outside storage, I've got a leaky outside tap and a bit of kitchen space. I'd go for the better area to live in first rather than facilities or you'll just be miserable and find more, unsolvable, problems.

The electric socket can come off the lights if not there already I imagine. Can get a tap and socket anywhere off an existing source as long as it stays on your land/within budget.

Back